+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Technogeeks unite!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;1926499;
    Heck, I got a VCR/DVD recorder for Christmas so I can transfer things I have saved on VCR tapes to DVD's and all I've managed to learn how to do on it is tape more stuff on VCR tapes!!!

Oh well, I will live vicariously thru my fellow FORTers, even tho for the most part I have no idea what language you are speaking!
    Ditto, bbnbama, ..I have VCR/DVD...can't even hook it up right to record a VHS tape.....I have been going crazy searching for something to record my VHS tapes to DVD's. I'm afraid to order any of the stuff I find online cause I know I probably can't hook it up to my VCR and computer....
    I am stuck in a techno..rut
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Does anyone have a Motorola RAZR cell phone? I just got one and it's fine, but it annoys me that there's only one jack in there--so you can either charge your phone when you're driving OR you can put your ear bud in so you can talk on your phone and drive hands free (which is the law in my state). This is the first cell phone I've gotten that has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2193590;
    Does anyone have a Motorola RAZR cell phone? I just got one and it's fine, but it annoys me that there's only one jack in there--so you can either charge your phone when you're driving OR you can put your ear bud in so you can talk on your phone and drive hands free (which is the law in my state). This is the first cell phone I've gotten that has this problem.
    I think that's just their way of sayin "hey, buy the Bluetooth package to go with your fancy phone!" I never use the headsets personally, but I usually just talk on my phone all day, and just plug it in when i go to bed.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: Technogeeks unite!

Bumping this thread to see if anyone new has opinions about the Razr, specifically this model:

Motorola United States - MOTORAZR V3xx - Cell Phones

My venerable cellphone croaked, and I really like the clamshell design, which is why I'm looking so hard at this. Anyone have any good/bad/awful experiences with them?

Leo, I have a Razr phone that I have had for about a year now. I really like it. I don't use it for much though, just calls, texting, and taking pictures. Mine does not have the MP3 in it. I like the size of it though, it's small but fits in your hand well while talking on it. I also get decent reception with it and it seems to be getting better. I plan to get a different colored one when my phone carrier allows me to. I hate being at their mercy.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I have a cheapo Nokia, but my sister has had two Razrs. The first was great but then it was stolen. The second one she got (in pink no less) in April is a piece of crap. It spontaneously turns itself off, reboots itself in the middle of conversations, and has battery issues. But, when it does work, it is really clear and has great reception. Maybe you just need a good warranty.

JR.

Leo, a few of my friends had RAZRs and hated them. The issues were the same as PG's sister had. Even exchanging for a new phone didn't seem to solve the problems.

I've had an LG VX8300 for about a year and I love it, never a problem.
    http://us.lge.com/products/model/det...n_VX8300.jhtml

lei
    FORT Fogey

Mr. lei and I love our Razrs. I had several cell phones before it but this is best for me. I did have to get it replaced under warranty but Cingular/AT&T sent the new one to me 2nd-day along with packaging/postage to return the old one. Along with a bluetooth ear thing (go with Motorola), and the leather case (I tend to be dropsy), I can't imagine a phone being any better.

I also have the Motorola Phone Tools software to crop any part of any song into a ringtone, and to easily transfer data between phone and computer.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Bumping this thread for a question.

I recently got a new cell phone (finally!) and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I got the Samsung SCH-u740. Does anyone have any experience with this phone? It flips 2 ways. I can flip it open to talk like a regular flip phone, and it also flips the "landscape" way to show a full QWERTY keyboard. The only issue I have is that the keys are sooooooooooo tiny. I'm talking really tiny. I was going to get an LG enV but the Verizon girl said this phone was a bit better. I text a lot and I don't know if I'm going to get used to these tiny keys or not. Opinions?
    Wake up and be awesome

You can type with a little stylus pen instead of your fingers, maybe? I don't have that phone but my company supplies our sales reps with phones with teeny-tiny keyboards and they all come with a stylus pen.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread