+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blind Dates

Blind Dates

I don't know if there is a thread on this yet or not. Mods, please feel free to merge this if there is.

I am going on a blind date tomorrow. I have gone on several and none have been all that bad. However, some of my friends have horror stories about blind dates they have been on. Do you have any funny/bad stories about blind dates you have gone on?

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Do you have any funny/bad stories about blind dates you have gone on?
    My best friend went on a blind date some time ago. They were in a very nice restaurant, making small talk. Things were going ok, no bells and whistles, but she was thinking it was 'nice'. Dinner came, and they started talking about the things they had done that day in preparation for meeting each other. (Now keep in mind they were probably around the ages of 30-35). She told him about washing her car, getting a manicure, etc. He started in and in the middle of the mundane, he throws in, "oh, and by the way, I had my brother shave my back, just in case this ends up in an over-nighter!"
    We have laughed about that for years. She said she couldn't get out of there fast enough! I'm sure your date will go much better.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    What did your best friend say to him? Yuck... just yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    "oh, and by the way, I had my brother shave my back, just in case this ends up in an over-nighter!"
    Geez, I was just trying to be thoughtful.
    ETA That's not really me

Last edited by Unklescott; 08-05-2004 at 04:41 PM.

Thanks Unk...I needed a good appetite suppressant

Never been on a blind date, but I have a great book, Dates From Hell, by Katherine Ann Samon, that has some really diastrously funny stories.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Geez, I was just trying to be thoughtful.
    That line had me rolling! Thanks for the laughs. The picture kind of reminds me of Robin Williams. I saw him a while ago talking about meeting the gorilla that uses sign language. He was saying that she believed him to be a gorilla because he's so hairy and was coming on to him!!

Jewelsy, she said she looked at him in horror, he kind of stammered, then tried to make a joke about it. They had uncomfortable silence interrupted by uncomfortable small talk, she muttered something about needing to leave, and fled as quickly as possible. She never looked back! (He's probably married by now and has his wife shaving his back! ) P.S. My daughter's nickname is Jewels, so I love your name!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I went on a blind date once...it was awful. He was a nice enough guy but he smelled like he hadn't bathed in a month, and I'm not exaggerating. Like that wasn't bad enough, he had poured some kind of horrible smelling cologne on over the other stench. I had to hold my breath all through dinner, then pretended to be ill so he'd take me home. I couldn't take it anymore.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

You all are gonna scare the crap out of Erin...don't listen to these naysayers, hon. I went on one with my girlfriend's BIL (years ago and between husbands), and it was great. We ended up going out for 8 months or so. I was nervous as hell to go, but glad I did. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Erin, I'd always say go, give it a try. Like AJane said.

My funny date story isn't exactly a blind one, but I think it might as well have been since I met the guy on my birthday when I was not-so-sober. (some of you party-thread people have heard this one already)
    He called for a date, and when he arrived at my house, I was surprised to find he was much more ape-like than I remembered. Also, the back of his head was flat. He did come upstairs to my apartment to get me, but was back downstairs in his car before I even got my apartment door locked.
    At dinner, he talked at great length about his interest in transcendental meditation, auras, chakras and so forth. That's all fine, although not really my bag. But at some turn in the conversation, I mentioned my mother and how I look like her and we have the same nose. He peered intently at my nose for several long seconds, then said he had heard that people with larger noses have a greater psychic awareness. Wtf?! He was saying I had a big nose! I don't care whether I do or not, but you Don't. Say that. On a date. I told all my friends and we still joke about my psychic nose. I never returned any further phone calls from him. :rolleyes
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Also, the back of his head was flat.
    I'm sorry, but for some reason I find that hysterically funny.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast