+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Blind Dates

I'm so enjoying this thread. Brings back memories. I had a few blind dates, some good, some bad. I guess the one that stands out most is one that I went on as a favor to my friends date. She had gone with him for a while so I felt that a double date would be okay.
    Her date came to the door for both of us, which was a little strange, but not totally. We get in the car, introductions are made, everything starts off fine. We got to the restaurant we had agreed on and got out of the car. This guys head came to about my chin! After weathering that with a straight face we went in to, thankfully, sit down. He turned with his feet in the aisle instead of under the table and I was instantly attracted to his shoes. He had such lifts in them that his whole heel was exposed. He was a fun guy and had I been forewarned I'm sure I would have gone anyway, but I was surely caught off guard. I'm 5'3" and I do believe he was about 4'10". If he wasn't a dwarf, he was close.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    And now for the follow up question: will you see him again?
    That is the big question - did you make plans to see him again (Yes, I am attempting to live vicariously through you )
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

If I do see him again, it will probably be in a friend capacity. I just don't see anything romantic happening there.

erin_dye - keep your options open. Never can have too many friendly acquaintences - plus, maybe HE has a friend (with better conversational skills, who also drinks margaritas)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    When girls tell me they like me as a friend, I always have to say (like the smartass that I am): "I already have enough guy friends. I don't need a girl friend. I need a GIRLFRIEND."

Which is probably why I've never had any girl friends OR girlfriends.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I've been on several blind dates. I've never had a bad experience, which is pretty unusual from what I hear. Just one comes to mind that could have turned out ugly, but didn't My friend and her date and the (third wheel) were waiting at a bar for me to show up. By the time I got there, they'd had one or two (ok, ten) cocktails and were having that kind of "drunk fun" where you think you're hilarious then end up throwing up all over your buddie's car...and you're not funny at all. I decided I wasn't going to suffer through a blind date - and started tossing back the kamakazis. All went well. And no one threw up in the cab.

Other than that, I figure that if they end up buying breakfast the date was a sucess.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345