+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blind Dates

I went on a blind date to a sorority barndance in college. Needless to say she probably didn't appreciate my attempted drunk recreation of the dance scene in "Back to the Future" (where you flip your partner upside-down).
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    I went on a blind date to a sorority barndance in college. Needless to say she probably didn't appreciate my attempted drunk recreation of the dance scene in "Back to the Future" (where you flip your partner upside-down).

I thought first that I have never been to a blind date, but then I remembered. It was just a one sided blind date if there is such thing. And my eyes were opened for sure by the end of the evening. It was in College when a couple of my friends convinced me to go on a blind date with a guy who had promised them plentiful drinks (remember this was College) if they get me to meet him. Well, I finally said yes, I was kind of intrigued I guess, and my friends were begging. So, all is good in the beginning, this guy is cute enough and smart, I enjoyed talking with him. But it ended right about the moment when he took out his marijuana stash and asked if I wanted to smoke some with him. 'No thanks, dude', and I had no need to see him ever again.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

I have only been on 1 blind date. My friend was going on her second date with this guy and he was bringing his friend along so Debbie begged me to go with her. Being the doormat roommate that I was I agreed. Well the guy was ok looking but he had the personality of a wet sponge. As it turned out I had much more in common with her date .. and that was the end of my evening
    She was super pissed, I went home and we never saw them again.

I set my best friend up on a blind date about 7 years ago. The guy was a regular customer at the magazine shop I worked at and my friend was enduring a dry spell so I set them up and they've been married now for 5 years
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

erin_dye
    Anxiously awaiting news of how your blind date turned out. Make sure you fill us in
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Okay.

So the plan was to go to dinner. I hadn't eaten anything all day. I meet the guy. He wasn't bad looking (not drop dead gorgeous, but not butt-ugly). We go into the restaurent and order margaritas. I can feel the alcohol after a couple of sips. The guy is very quiet. I try to get him to talk. We make small talk for a bit, then I start running out of conversation starters. So, I start making jokes. He laughed, but was still very quiet. We didn't do anything after dinner. I don't know if his lack of talking was just nerves or if that is just the way he is. I had a good time. It was just a little difficult trying to keep the conversation going.

I was a little tipsy by the time I got to my car, so I drove to a nearby parking lot and called my friends to let them know I was okay. They make me call them before I leave any first date just so they know I'm okay. My friends then proceeded to harass me and tease me that I was drunk (which I wasn't). Once I felt okay to drive I went home and went to bed.

That was my date. Nothing horrible happened, but nothing to write home about.

And now for the follow up question: will you see him again?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    He was trying pretty hard to make out with me and I was trying to keep him away, finding the whole situation pretty upsetting, then all of a sudden he lets out this big groan and his whole body is kind of shuddering.. need I say more? He was so embarassed he apologized and got up and left, and I was stuck spending the night at their house with the two of them fighting all night and no way to get home. I can't imagine why the marriage didn't last long.
    I can't stop laughing. Ewww... just ewwwww.

Well, Erin, I'm sorry he wasn't wonderful, but glad it didn't go horribly -- although then you'd have had a better story to tell us.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    The other one, talked nonstop, and then calling me Angie (I'm Nancy) told me he expected a "favour" to finish off the evening. Yeah right....he is still waiting for the favour from me.

oh man I can't stop laughing at this one. He really said he expected a "favour"?! What a loser. With my luck I'm kinda surprised I haven't run into him too...

erin_dye glad to hear things weren't too bad lol.
    Last edited by geekgirl; 08-07-2004 at 10:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast