+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blind Dates

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Maybe he thought you were an animal doctor
    Maybe it was the same guy Lucy dated
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    On another one later in college, another "friend" set me up with this guy and we went to see A Christmas Carol at the college theatre. I thought this one would be semi-normal until he stood up in the theatre, in the middle of the play, and starting shouting obscenities at the stage for no apparent reason. For some reason we were asked to leave after that.
    Oh dear. Oh, you poor thing.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    He was so embarassed he apologized and got up and left, and I was stuck spending the night at their house with the two of them fighting all night and no way to get home. I can't imagine why the marriage didn't last long.
    After all that, it must have been some ceremony. I am imagining those involved trying desperately not to make eye-contact.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Maybe he thought you were an animal doctor

could be

I hesitantly left for a blind date on the evening of February 23, 1993...married him 3.5 years later! Best date I ever had.

Just keep an open mind and have fun.

I've had a few blind dates. One guy I dated for 9 months and we are still good friends 25 years later. Another I dated for about 6 months. Other blind dates were ok, just no sparks but nothing awful.

I've had two really bad ones, one in the movies reached over, took my hand and placed it on something firm that really should have been in his pants. (I hope that was a pg enough explaination.) I bolted from the theater and called a friend to come get me. The other one, talked nonstop, and then calling me Angie (I'm Nancy) told me he expected a "favour" to finish off the evening. Yeah right....he is still waiting for the favour from me.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Erin, just go and try to enjoy yourself, and just think, if it goes terribly badly, all is not lost; you will have a great story to tell for years and years!

I only remember one really bad blind date; when I was about 17 my friend asked me to go on a double date , but she hadn't met her boyfriend's friend. When they came to pick me up, my friend, not the guy, came to the door, and when I opened it she was standing there repeating over and over, "I'm sorry, oh God, I owe you one "etc.
    (She told me later she was afraid my Dad would freak if this guy came in our house!)
    Turned out this guy was not only (ungroomed!) dog-ugly, he had a nervous tic, and was constantly cussing and spitting out the van window. I don't remember the actual 'date' but my friend's boyfriend insisted on going to "park" afterward. I ended up outside the van with this guy chasing me around and around it while the other couple was "busy" inside.

Still, out of all these stories, I think Marleybone's the winner "groan and shudder" !
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I haven't really been on a true "blind date", but I have been out with a few girls I met online first. Some of them I didn't know what they looked like before meeting them, so I guess that's a blind date, of a sort.

Let's just say that in almost every case, the anticipation is far greater than the reality...

Oh, and my parents actually met on a blind date in a bowling alley, many centuries ago. Whether or not that was a happy ending remains to be seen.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

I guess many people don't have to worry about bad blind dates anymore: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...ad.php?t=33715

Thanks to Ineedalive for reccomending to post the link.

I wonder how escape-a-date knows when you want it to call you? Is there a panic button on your phone you secretly push?

I was talking about this subject last night with some old friends (as in knowing them a long time, not that we're 'old' (ahem), and I was reminded that right out of high school three of my friends backpacked through Europe and one of them met a man at a cafe. It was love at first sight, and when the others returned to the US, she stayed there. That was 35 years ago, and they're grandparents now. I don't know how I could have forgotten that!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast