+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Blind Dates

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd
    I had to hold my breath all through dinner, then pretended to be ill so he'd take me home.
    You sure you pretended? I would have been ill.

Good blind date (well, maybe not so good considering I divorced him ): met my husband on a blind date
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Lucy, what do you expect? He was probably just recently unthawed from some polar icecap
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    He was saying I had a big nose! I don't care whether I do or not, but you Don't. Say that. On a date. I told all my friends and we still joke about my psychic nose. :rolleyes
    I love your stories, Lucy

I had a guy once ask me how long I had been cross-eyed? What?!?! I was so stunned by the remark, I just walked away. To this day I have no idea what prompted that question, and every once in a while I still take a long, hard look at myself in the mirror.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Roseskid! That's hilarious.

Texi, that "unthawed" theory would explain a *lot*.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Here's my tip: If you don't like the guy ask him how long has he been cross-eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    I had a guy once ask me how long I had been cross-eyed? What?!?!
    You should have said "About as long as you've been an a**hole!"

Unk's and Exlurker's comments would have been great. The ol' 'shoulda, woulda, coulda'.....or 'if only'.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    I went on one in college that was quite lovely. My nice friend set us up... The guy looked like Steve Buscemi and showed up for the date in a maroon corduroy blazer (in the middle of summer in the south...it was at least in the 90s). OK, I'm weird too, and I kinda dress like a thrift store exploded, so I could have overlooked all that. but.... We went to eat at Pizza Hut, and he ordered a meat lover's pizza with extra BBQ for us. Ooooookay, except that I'd told him I was a vegetarian 5 minutes earlier, as well as an hour or so earlier when we were picking the restaurant. Still don't know if he was being rude or just....very, very stupid. :phhht

On another one later in college, another "friend" set me up with this guy and we went to see A Christmas Carol at the college theatre. I thought this one would be semi-normal until he stood up in the theatre, in the middle of the play, and starting shouting obscenities at the stage for no apparent reason. For some reason we were asked to leave after that.

Premium Member
    Blind date from hell...
    A friend was about to get married and she set me up on a double date with the two of them and one of the groomsmen. We ended up going to their house (in a nearby town) and before long my friend and her fiance got in a big knock down drag out fight. They were screaming at each other and he was chasing her through the house, and this guy and I were sitting on the couch in the middle of it. He was trying pretty hard to make out with me and I was trying to keep him away, finding the whole situation pretty upsetting, then all of a sudden he lets out this big groan and his whole body is kind of shuddering.. need I say more? He was so embarassed he apologized and got up and left, and I was stuck spending the night at their house with the two of them fighting all night and no way to get home. I can't imagine why the marriage didn't last long.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl
    .... We went to eat at Pizza Hut, and he ordered a meat lover's pizza with extra BBQ for us. Ooooookay, except that I'd told him I was a vegetarian 5 minutes earlier, as well as an hour or so earlier when we were picking the restaurant. Still don't know if he was being rude or just....very, very stupid.
    Maybe he thought you were an animal doctor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast