Since I'm in the middle of home improvement hell, I was wondering if y'all have been there, too?
Today, I grouted the ceramic tile I put in around the outside of my shower the other day. Tiling was no big thing, once I learned how to cut them. But grouting, that's got to be one of the worst things I've ever done.
In recent weeks, I've also:
* put tile squares in one bathroom and around the front entry - this required removing and re-seating the commode
* laid laminate flooring in my office
* primed and painted the second bathroom
* replaced a bathroom sink
* re-painted my shed
* re-done some of my landscaping, including removing 2 large shrubs that grew too large for the area they were in
* replaced the stones in our landscaping with mulch
We also got new carpet installed in the living room, dining room, and hallway - but we paid someone to do that (we agreed to move out all furniture, though, which was a pain). And this week, I have to tear the carpet out of our third bedroom, because I'm putting laminate flooring in there, too.
I have never done so much work around the house, and I hope never to have to do it again. What are your horror stories??