+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

MRD

Re: Home improvement hell

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3211438;
    If it's not comfortable, I love the idea! It would prevent anyone from staying on it any longer than absolutely necessary. (Like when my brother visited -- his definition of bathroom is "reading salon." WTF???)
    Hey, maybe that's the idea behind the design. My dad always called the bathroom "the library".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My father in law actually has a magazine rack in his bathroom.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3211281;
    I want to see a picture of the square toilet
    I've seen them before. Don't remember where, but I have. Via google I found this.

Unklescott, that is VERY similar to what my inlaws have, but theirs are longer and more slanty? I'll take a photo when I go again! And Nooo they are not very comfortable to sit on. Incase it is TMI for some people
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I always feel like I have to lean way foreward on them or I'll fall back and bonk my back on the lid/tank area

And My poor toddlers have a heck of a time with using the potty at "Gaga and Grampie's" house.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

ok. Saturday. seeing just how many TRUCKS we can get around our house.
    2 crews hauling away and pouring 2 new driveways.
    The tree crew just showed up to finish pulling out the stumps from the trees cut down from the windstorm. (and just cut through a cable - not sure which one - internet and phones still work!)
    Daughter having a party for her boyfriend's birthday here tonight - guests all have to park on side roads (no one on the driveway for like 10 days) - dogs have to be leashed all the time for next few days.

I just want to move (3 more weeks til closing on our new place - and then we should be moving in 4 weeks.)
    then painters and carpetting group come in to fix up next door where daughter is moving from to here.

I'M GOING NUCKING FUTS!!!!

Unk, that thing is butt-ugly. Pun intended.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Gorgeous reno on your bathroom Duxxy!! Two thumbs up! I like the square glass window, and the way you shifted the tub, toilet and sink around so it fit better!

Schmoo: I send you strength, patience, and good weather for all your reno's to be done and your move to be easy and smooth!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

More toilet issues! Yarg.

Ok, I'll cover every angle I can, hopefully someone can offer some insight?

We are not on a septic, we are on a town sewar line.

We have 2 toilets in the house. 1 downstairs in a half bath and 1 upstairs in a full bath.

Every winter they get really noisy! They make these sucking gurgling sounds every so often and most of the water drains from the bowl. I always assumed it was because the air vent on the roof was blocked with snow and when the sump pump kicked on in the basement (the sump is hardlined directly into the tube that brings all of our waste out of the house)

Now the last few weeks we are having troubles with the downstairs toilet having a really weak flush. You need 2 or 3 flushes every time to get anything non liquid to go down. And half the time it requires a plunge.

The worst trouble though is that our upstairs toilet suddenly smells really bad! I thought it was just dirty so I cleaned it. That didn't help. So I cleaned it really really well! and scrubbed under the lip where the smell seems to come from. That didn't help. So I thought maybe the wax ring? I grabbed the toilet and gave it a firm shake but it didn't budge. It's really secure. So I took the seat completely off, and washed it in my kitchen sink with bleach. I scrubbed the floor around the toilet and ran the little placemat rug thing through the wash. I took all the removable parts off and washed the whole toilet with urine sprays, bleach, oxi clean!! You could practically eat off my toilet now. (provided you can get past the smell still coming out from under the front of the rim!!)

Does anyone have any insight to any of these issues? Are they maybe all connected?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

CN sounds like sewer gas coming back up or it could be what happened to us... the cast iron sewer pipe (inside the wall!) developed a crack and gases were occasionally leaking.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The square toilet reminds me of a port-a-potty. Don't think I'd want one of those.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

+ Reply to Thread