+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

Re: Home improvement hell

I like the cobalt blue throne. I thought it looked nice. Easy to clean,...or not. I'm all for that!! The finished bathroom does look nice-roomier!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3210298;
    I must lead a sheltered life, I don't think I've ever seen a blue or aqua toilet. In fact I can't remember seeing anything besides white, pink, or tan. Maybe I just don't pay attention to the color of "thrones". lol.
    I've seen a purple one before!!!!

A friend of mine's mom had a purple bathroom and not only did it have a purple throne, but a purple bidet. When she remodeled, my friend (we were in college, so that lets you know the age and maturity level) took the bidet and put it in his living room. We used to throw beer cans in it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I must lead a sheltered life, I don't think I've ever seen a blue or aqua toilet. In fact I can't remember seeing anything besides white, pink, or tan. Maybe I just don't pay attention to the color of "thrones". lol.
    My mom had a lavender toilet, tub and sink in one of the apartments she had. We found a blue shower curtain with purple accents so we painted the walls blue and the tub, et al turned into accessories. It actually ended up making them not stand so much as when the white walls were in there. After that my MIL also had a lavender toilet and put green with it, that was when grape stuff was really popular, so it just kind of worked together. The trick of course is finding something to compliment it and not use it as the focal point. In this house we have a blue tub and sink. We did have a blue toilet too, but that's been replaced. I have a beach theme at my house, so it all ties in togther. It's not quite the right shade of blue but we make it work.

Duxxy, it looks great!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by famita;3210423;
    I like the cobalt blue throne. I thought it looked nice. Easy to clean,...or not. I'm all for that!! The finished bathroom does look nice-roomier!
    famita, you would have loved the toilet that used to be in our half bath. It, as well as the counter and sink, were a dark, chocolate brown!!!!! I think I have a picture somewhere that I'll post when I find it. The toilet has been replaced because it didn't flush too well, but we can't afford to replace the counter and sink yet.

By the way, the house was built in 1980, and we think the brown toilet was original.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

My inlaws have a sage green toilet, and a cobalt blue... the weird thing is, they are both RECTANGULAR SHAPED?!
    I get a chuckle every time I hear someone at their house go into the bathroom and exclaim something along the lines of "you have a square toilet! do you have a square butt??"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Veej-I love the thought of no scouring! Do they make rust colored ones? This topic is making me chuckle this am!

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3210533;
    My mom had a lavender toilet, tub and sink in one of the apartments she had. We found a blue shower curtain with purple accents so we painted the walls blue and the tub, et al turned into accessories. It actually ended up making them not stand so much as when the white walls were in there. ...The trick of course is finding something to compliment it and not use it as the focal point.
    We have the same unfortunate shade of fixtures. When we moved into the house the bathroom walls were a combo of pink tiles below, brown striped/floral wallpaper above. I primed the pink tiles and painted the whole room a purple darker than the fittings and did a faux tortoise-shell cabinet for above the toilet and hung three small gold-framed Maxwell Parrish pictures. Not my cup of tea, actually, but I had to do something that the lavender would work with, so a semi-Moulin Rouge theme seemed easiest to achieve on a budget as the whole thing is only temporary. Next year (fingers crossed that Mr. Rattus is finally willing to get into it) we will be gutting the room right down to the studs and replacing all the fixtures with white (I've already picked out the small, square sink from Ikea that I want). It's a tiny room, but can still do with a bit of style, so I'm going to be putting up white wainscoting and painting the wall above in a very light green. The towels and bathmat will be a darker sage green. I had a slightly different colour scheme in mind originally that called for a white bathmat, but I've been using the white mat for a year now and have determined that it is not a suitable colour and does not stand up to the abuses of pre-shower feet all that well. I'm glad I learned this before I put down the hand-glazed eau de nil tiles I was originally planning on.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

In my mother's house alone, there is an olive-green one, a lavender one, a pink one (which was actually replaced a couple of years ago with an off-white one) and yes, a white one. Matching sinks too, naturally.

I shouldn't make fun because the bathtub in my house is seafoam green (the toilet & sink are both white). However, it's in perfect condition and whomever designed the colour scheme originally did a rather nice job with tiles and so forth, so I just bought a plain white shower curtain, white bathmat and towels, and decided to live with it. I might be just used to it but it's not that bad.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD

I want to see a picture of the square toilet.

Closetnerd, you must take a photo next time you visit and post it for us.

I wonder, is it comfortable to sit on a square toilet???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3211281;
    . . . I wonder, is it comfortable to sit on a square toilet???
    If it's not comfortable, I love the idea! It would prevent anyone from staying on it any longer than absolutely necessary. (Like when my brother visited -- his definition of bathroom is "reading salon." WTF???)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread