+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

Re: Home improvement hell

The GOLD goes to misskitty...

I like the fence. I see why the gas meter needs to be moved, it looks like it is right by a dryer vent or air intake of some sort.

Thank you all for giving me the Gold in Fencing :fencing

gabriel: Yes they have to move the meter about a metre to the left, away from the dryer vent. They promised not to step on my perrenials. I'll be glad when that is done.

Waiting now for fence guys to show up and replace a shipped piece of vinyl.

NEW QUESTION: What can I do with about 50 stained fence boards? Where can I take them - most are in good condition?
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-13-2008 at 01:21 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Do you have a habitat for humanity store in your area? Here they accept donations of all kinds of building type materials and resell them and use the money to help finance the charity.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Or you can post on freecycle - someone will want them and will come get them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm hoping someone on this site can help me. We just took off our backsplash because Tuesday the countertop guy is coming and it had to come off before he could install our countertops. Try as we might, there was no way to take off the tiles without breaking off the gyprock. So now I have two questions: Should we completely rip off the gyprock or can it be plastered over and does this work have to be done before the countertop guy comes?

Of course, shops are closed both tomorrow and Monday, so I have no way of asking a professional.

Here is a pic of what the cement, gyprock and glue from the tiles look like at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3164673;
    Thank you all for giving me the Gold in Fencing :fencing

gabriel: Yes they have to move the meter about a metre to the left, away from the dryer vent. They promised not to step on my perrenials. I'll be glad when that is done.

Waiting now for fence guys to show up and replace a shipped piece of vinyl.

NEW QUESTION: What can I do with about 50 stained fence boards? Where can I take them - most are in good condition?
    put an ad on craigslist. you'd be amazed at how many inquiries you will get.

Painting ceilings sucks. My neck is so sore. I bought a long pole thingie so I don't have to use a ladder but it's hard to maneuver. I'm on my way to do a second coat. Is there an easier way?

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3190378;
    put an ad on craigslist. you'd be amazed at how many inquiries you will get.

Painting ceilings sucks. My neck is so sore. I bought a long pole thingie so I don't have to use a ladder but it's hard to maneuver. I'm on my way to do a second coat. Is there an easier way?
    I hired a painter

desertRose, I think you'd need to sand the surface smooth (or at least get the glue off), and then prime it.

I'm enjoying plastering the many holes my sons put in my walls. I have found that I'm doing pretty good. Can't wait until I am able to prime and then to paint.

So we were in home improvement hell for about 2 weeks. I have hated my bathroom since we first set eyes on our house and my husband has been promising me a new one. It took 8 years but I finally got it last week!.
    Collectively we don't have the skills or the tools to do big renos on our own so we hired a contractor who was wonderful! He solved problem after problem that reared it ugly head. Not only that... our job ran over by about 3 days and he stayed until it was finished. He postponed other scheduled jobs and made sure everything was completed and I was satisfied with the results. I would recommend him to anyone! It's nothing fancy but I did want to show it off

BEFORE (I almost forgot to take a before picture so the countertop and blue sinks that match the toilet are already gone)

AFTER

"Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

That's beautiful, duxxy! I love the dark wood cabinetry. Enjoy! (Gee, that sounds funny - enjoy your bathroom!!!)

+ Reply to Thread