+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

Re: Home improvement hell

Well, if we lived closer, he'd be there all the time to help you but we don't so I guess you'll have to put on your best nighty and ask your husband very nicely to fix the darn light!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mike built a headboard for our bed. See before and after. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos!

Very nice PGM35! He does good work.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3149623;
    Very nice PGM35! He does good work.
    Thanks! It took him 2 weekends but it was done! He built it from scratch is the amazing part to me. The shelves were prefab but he painted them and them put them together. They are screwed in to the back and the bed frame is also bolted to it. Then he put brackets on it to the wall with one of those wall screw things. I love the color - it really looks like cherry wood which matches my dresser!

Wow that looks cool...Send him to Milwaukee please.

myrosiedog: Go to Wal Mart and get a couple of those sticky lights. You just remove the backing (make sure there's a battery) and stick it up where you need light. You just press it on and off. They're cheap and at least you can see something without having to be an electrician!

PGM35: Very, very nice headboard!! I love the pic with your sweetie playing with the doggies on the bed. Tooo cute!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Very nice headboard. He did a fabulous job. But I want to know with those two dogs, where do you and Mike sleep?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks all! The funny thing is that the one dog that we DO allow to sleep on the bed with us is not in that picture! Buddy has taken over a 1/4 of the bed and he's not budging. It's also a double so smaller than most ordinary folks beds! We just never upgraded and dont' really want to!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Beautiful bed PGM...he did a great job!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So today I expected my new fence to be put up. Wrong. They came in the afternoon and managed to put in the new fenceposts. Except one. Unfortunately, it's too near a marked live gas line; the gas guys in the alley were smart enough to catch it and make the fence guys stop. Their aircompressor post digger could have punctured the line, blown my garage sky high, started a fire, shut down the entire block, and caused thousands in damages that I would be responsible for!

I called the Call before you Dig guys and got a ticket # but they never left me the sheet that confirmed the location of the live line. Sheesh! So tomorrow, the fence guys will have to dig 3 ft by 3ft by hand to see where the line actually is and determine if the last post can indeed be put in. That has now delayed the rest of the fence from being erected until about Wednesday next week.

Oh, and the guy who sells the fences charged me for an extra post that the installers didn't have mapped out on their design sheet.

Why is it that the people who sell things never clearly communicate with the guys who install things? This happened when I got a new security system in just the other week.

Sheesh!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread