+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Home improvement hell

I looked into replacing my set up a few years ago but ended up fixing the problems (for the time being). You may want to try vintagetub.com or bathandmore.com. Bathandmore has this one for $234 which may fit your Mom's needs.

Lois: Meowza! It sounds like you have taken on a really great home project by changing the bedroom to an office and renovating your basement. Everyone has great ideas!

I have a small old home with no closets too. I have roll-away storage under my bed for things that are seasonal. I put a rollaway storage thing under both of my couches in the living room which no-one can see because of the skirting.

Also, I hung up a shelf from Ikea and put that high up on a bathroom wall and I keep a big square basket there to hold all my clean towels.

It's a great idea to be able to hang things on the insides of your doors; no matter what the room. I also have little wire stacking things in all my kitchen cabinets so I can use the extra height and double what I can put in them.

I have no idea what I would do if I had a lot of space. I'd probably just freak out.

Lucy: I'm sorry I can't help you with your claw tub. That would be so nice to soak in.
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2008 at 11:52 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So, the gas company has been putting in new gas lines to several blocks of houses in my neighborhood and changing the gas meters from inside the homes to the outside. But the noise, equipment and trucks have been going on for most of the summer. It's a big job, and I'm glad we are finally on the list for the upgrade, but we cannot park in our garages and have to leave our garbage out front. Here's what it looks like in the alley behind my house.

I sure hope that they will re-pave the lane when they are done. But I'm not holding my breath. We'll be lucky if they even fill in the holes!

They tell me they will be done by the end of the month. I sure hope so. Because I got a new back fence coming in on Thursday and the fence guys will not be happy if they have to bring in everything from the front street through the yard to get their job done.

Also, the tree guys who cut down my elm tree STILL have not come to take away the wood which is also in the back. It was piled too close to my back gate so today I had to move the right side of the pile away. The fence guys won't have room to put in the new one. Man, that stuff is heavy. I have to get my brother-in-law to help with a couple of large pieces tomorrow. Could.not.move.them.

Last edited by misskitty; 07-26-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Miss Kitty - I hope that mess gets cleared away soon! If I were you, I would try to find someone to split up those giant logs and sell them for firewood.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

misskitty, if you just want to get rid of the wood and aren't particularly interested in making a profit, why don't you post it on freecycle.org? Personally, if I were in your neck of the woods I would take it in a heartbeat.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Or Craig's list. We find firewood on there all the time for camping.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I could use the elm for firewood but I can't use an axe to save my soul. And this wood is still kind of wet so splitting them now would be a , um, it would be tough!

But today I got a great offer from one of the guys working on the gas line. He said his buddy could pull up his truck and take the rest of it away! I was so happy. Once it is gone, I plan to call the tree company and ask for a refund of $200 that I paid for them to remove the wood. Since they didn't, I want some money back! $$$

Oh, and after I gave the gas company guys a nice cold drink of peach ice tea, they were very happy to help me move two sidewalk blocks away from the neighbors driveway. It appears that my back fence is crooked and the blocks are way over the property line. It was sooooo nice to have a couple of strong guys around to help out. Too bad they're all married and from Ontario.

I'll keep freecyle and Craigslist in mind if anything else comes up! Great idea!

If we lived closer Mr buglover would be happy to help you. He loves doing stuff like that, especially for women who aren't strong enough to lift or carry really heavy stuff. He's a sucker for a pretty lady!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3149341;
    If we lived closer Mr buglover would be happy to help you. He loves doing stuff like that, especially for women who aren't strong enough to lift or carry really heavy stuff. He's a sucker for a pretty lady!
    Where can I get one like him? I'm up to week six of doing laundry in the dark because mine still hasn't fixed the switch for the ceiling light.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3149462;
    Where can I get one like him? I'm up to week six of doing laundry in the dark because mine still hasn't fixed the switch for the ceiling light.
    Seduce him or go buy a light switch - When he is home turn off the power, unscrew the coverplate and tell him you will do it yourself... That will make him move.

+ Reply to Thread