+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

Misskitty

Well can't help you with your utencil basket decision, but to let you know I've had a Magic Chef ScruberII for 8 years with absolutely no problems and cleans wonderfully. I inherited it when we bought the house. Would buy another one when the time comes.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

We are in the process of gutting a 103 yr old two story. I bought it 5 years ago when it was on auction. We have gutted all the plaster. All that is left to be gutted is the beadboard in the kitchen. I want to remove it and save it to use in the bathrooms. We have gutted everything so we can rewire, replumb and insulate.

I have tried all different ways to get the tongue and groove loose so that I don't distroy it. The nails are really long so it's hard to get them out without breaking the boards.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

My mother's utensil basket is in the door and she prefers it that way. It works great for her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Anyone else have their utensil basket in the door of the dishwasher? Any problems.
    Mine is in the door and I don't have problems. I do rinse my silverware though really well. My manual that came with my machine recommends it for stainless ware, and since it is on the door I rinse those (and stainless bowls I use too). I don't rinse anything else though and my machine works great. I have a mobile one. It's Whirlpool and it's been working just fine.

I do really like the utensil basket in the door as it does free up space.

I've never had a dish washer before though for comparison to the ones right in the center, but I got a basket from someone that can fit in my dishwasher just in case I needed it and it took up a ton of space the one time I used it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. Now I just have to remember which model that was on. I think it's the Kenmore. But I'm leaning towards MagicChef.
    -------

I now have bright light in my bathroom! I had a new fixture for over a year, but I needed the lights on each side of the medicine cabinet removed and re-wired to above the cabinet before it could go in. My BIL is an electrician so he finally had time to come over. My Dad had to crawl in the ceiling crawl-space, (horrible job) to figure out the wiring. It's not very good. But it's really nice to have. Thanks goodness for family!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

apple needs some help!

We bought a new house in June. It is a 50 year old mid century home. It's a great house...floor to ceiling windows covering two sides of the house, beamed ceilings, tons of original detail. We purchased the home from the family of the original owners. The house was in a terrible state of disrepair, Well, actually, it still kind of is. But that's OK.

This weekend, we are staining our new fence. We had it milled to match the original fencing that was used (which we had to replace because it was collapsing). We are also painting out the really cool original kitchen cabinets this weekend now that we've stripped off the turquoise. Those things we can do.

Here is where I need some help. During our process of moving in and out 3 times in about a month, which included the removal of all cabinets, toilets and such, we never had the sink in our master bathroom hooked back up. This was in September!!! Rather than pay someone mucho bucks to come and do it, I think I can handle it but need some instructions. I've googled but haven't found any clear direction. Maybe I'm not putting in the correct keywords. If anyone has any great websites, links or actual direction, I would really appreciate it. My goal is to have a usable bathroom by Monday.

Thanks!

apple....

This is not my area of expertise....I leave this stuff to hubby, but check out Lowe's

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ing_index.html

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...threpairs.html

If neither of these link are what you are looking for, dig around a little more on their site. Looks like they have a ton of info!

I pm'd the link to you too ... but in case this is of interest to others:

Not sure if this is what you want ... but try this link:

http://hometips.com/articles/lavinstall.html

Scroll to the bottom and you can choose the type of sink you are installing ... or reinstalling.

Good luck.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORTers are always there when you need them. Thanks so much you two! I'll let you know how it goes.

Applesauce, if it makes you feel any better, even I have installed a sink before! (Although the new faucets for my kitchen one are still waiting for me to pick up the tools from my sister's house o I can put them on!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread