+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Home improvement hell

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    I love to plaster, but hate the sanding and I don't care what anyone says about dustless sanders they still are a pain in the ass.

They have out sponges you can use to damp sand the walls, I use them all the time because I just hate all the drywall dust.

I'm in need of a new dishwasher. Mine is now leaving coffee grounds and soap bits over everything. It literally screams when it runs. I have to re-wash and check almost everything.

Any suggestions? I don't need top of the line. Just something simple that works.

Thanks in advance!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Miss Kitty, if you don't mind my asking, why are there coffee grounds in your dishwasher?

My dishwasher is a Magic Chef. I have had it for 12 years, it came with the house. I haven't had a lick of problems. No fancy bells and whistles, just a dishwasher. I really like it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

dagwood. I put a metal coffee filter in the dishwasher after I made a pot of coffee. Which I dont' do very often. I did rinse it before I put it in, but not really well. So, yes, there was a Tb or so that flew around with the water jets. That was the last straw though. It's been crummy for years.

Who makes Magic Chef? Is that American only?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm in need of a new dishwasher. Mine is now leaving coffee grounds and soap bits over everything. It literally screams when it runs. I have to re-wash and check almost everything.

Any suggestions? I don't need top of the line. Just something simple that works.

Thanks in advance!
    I just purchased a new dishwasher and smooth top range - they haven't arrived yet but I did a little homework before I bought and according to consumer reports, the Kenmore dishwasher is very popular - it was their pick.
    Kenmore has several - some top of the line (made by Bosch) and some less expensive. I can get you more info if your interested!

Oh man..... Hooray for this thread! Mr Nerd and I just bought a house and are currently waiting for closing due sometime around the end of the month. It is going to need a LOT of remodeling and improvements, as the current renters have taken a lot of ugly liberties with it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Congrats, ClosetNerd. I hope I (well, Mr. Rattus, anyway) can help you out with any questions you may have. We're in the process of renovating our second house and this one was top to bottom (the prior owners had the worst possible taste), and we've dry walled, put down flooring, put up crown moldings, put in an Ikea kitchen, redid the wiring and the plumbing and plastered the fireplace. Nex project - gutting the washroom.

First word of advice - get yourself something along the lines of the Time-Life or Reader's Digest home repair books, or preferably both. They have a lot of helpful advice for the non-professional, which I'm assuming neither of you are. And have fun .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
    ...according to consumer reports, the Kenmore dishwasher is very popular - it was their pick.
    Kenmore has several - some top of the line (made by Bosch) and some less expensive.
    Thanks MidnightSun! We have Kenmore up here and I know that Sears has a good warranty program on them as well. I'll have a looky-loo. I also want it to be energy efficient.

ClosetNerd: Congrats on the house! Have loads of fun renovating!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    dagwood. I put a metal coffee filter in the dishwasher after I made a pot of coffee. Which I dont' do very often. I did rinse it before I put it in, but not really well. So, yes, there was a Tb or so that flew around with the water jets. That was the last straw though. It's been crummy for years.

Who makes Magic Chef? Is that American only?
    I'm not sure, they came with the house. If I were you, I would check out consumers digest. That should give you a great idea for a brand.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I went looking around at dishwashers on Sat. Magic Chef is made by Maytag. If I buy from Home Depot, they deliver free, AND take away your old machine. If I buy a Kenmore from Sears, they charge for delivery and don't take it away. You need to do that yourself.

Question: One model I looked at had the utensils basket located in the door instead of on the bottom rack. So you need to slide in your forks and knives and such. My sinister thought that was dumb. I don't see the problem. It leaves more room on the bottom rack for more dishes.

Anyone else have their utensil basket in the door of the dishwasher? Any problems.

+ Reply to Thread