+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't try this at home....

MIA, RIP, or Busy...

Don't try this at home....

I found myself daydreaming about the good ol' days. You know, the days you did some silly, crazy stuff that you wouldn't dare do now. (but it was fun!)

Here's a couple I remembered today:

The birthday cake

Once, a few friends decided to throw a last minute surprise birthday party for another friend. So we bought a cake at the grocery store on a whim. You know, the kind with the vegetable shortening greasy icing that leaves a film on your mouth (like Crisco)? Well, someone had the grand idea that when birthday boy came into the kitchen, we would smear icing on his face so we each put icing on our fingers. The smear quickly turned into a full blown cake fight and all of us were covered with the greasy, sticky stuff. The weird thing was that someone realized how cool it would be to take off running and "slide" across the hardwood floors since we were all so well greased. Needless to say, the place was trashed and we spent a lot of time and $$$ buying grease cutting cleansers to clean it up.

The Hammock

Even before the days of Meridian in the hammock , at yet another party , one of our friends had the wild idea to see if they could spin one of our other friends around in a hammock without that person falling out. Of course, there was much discussion about speed and force the hammock would need to provide the anti-gravity effect. Well, you guessed it...a couple of big swings and *plop*, our friend dropped like dead weight right out of the hammock and fell flat on their side. After a few moments of silence and shock and ensuring our friend was okay, all of us just started busting out laughing because we couldn't believe we had been so incredibly stupid.

So, what are some stories you have that you can't believe you did or lived to tell about?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Ooooh, I have a good one. I used to hang around with 3 brothers who owned a house together. Ah, the parties...during one summertime drunkfest (and yes, we were all adults in our 20's and 30's) a friend of mine thought it would be funny to turn the hose on another guy who was completely, mindlessly s***faced...and all hell broke loose. Everyone completely lost their minds...there were wrestling matches for the hose, people were actually filling up beer bottles and coolers with water from the house and dousing each other...it was a damn good thing the neighbours were at the party too So finally, we all sat there, soaked to the skin...then the original victim decided he was far too wet, stripped off his clothes, and went in the house to toss them in the clothes dryer, and sat back down in a lawnchair buck nekkid. A couple of other (guys, it's always guys who do stuff like this) did the same. Hey, we were all really good friends

One of the brothers had been out on a date and hadn't been at the party - he came home to a bunch of drunk naked guys draped all over his deck, and everyone soaking wet. I swear his mouth dropped open, he stared at us for a minute, and then turned around and left again
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Oh my god, AJ. Was that at my house? Seriously, I lived with a big group of guys in college and we had days like that more than I would care to admit. Our house was in town and we used to sit outside and watch the "townies" cruise up and down mainstreet. Well, one day we got the idea that we needed to watch from a greater height, so we rigged up a pulley system and lugged an old couch up on the roof. We also pulled a cooler full of beer up there and drank it while watching the cruisers. I'm surprised we didn't kill our fool selves. I'm hoping my daughter is a goody two shoes that doesn't get into such goings-on.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Oh the visuals.

I see a common theme thus far.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Well... last summer, back when I had the time to be a mall rat my friends and I decided that it would be fun to open random doors in the mall, just to see where they led. So, we opened every single door in the mall, until we started getting followed by the mall police. They told us to stop, but, of course, we didn't listen, and then the real police came. Basically, because of us, they heightened the mall security we were so afraid of getting arrested that we actually hid from the mall police. Not the best of ideas, but, hey, it worked

My junior year in college, I roomed with six seniors (five other women and a gay guy). One Friday night we had all been out late at our favorite local establishment and then at a party (thank god this was all within walking distance). When we got back to our place, the guy had to barf so he disappeared into one of the bathrooms. Someone got the bright idea to put in this tape we had made of bad songs from the 70's (it featured classics such as Billy Don't Be a Hero, Seasons in the Sun and Kung Fu Fighting). Our male roommate rallied and decided to toast a pop tart in our toaster oven which immediately caught on fire. Just as the fire was extinguished, the song Disco Inferno came on. He picked up the pop tart and was waving it over his head while the rest of us formed a congo line behind him and we all sang Pop Tart Inferno at the top of our lungs.

These were my same roommates who used to throw a Repeal of Prohibition party every year on December 5. Ah the good old days.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner

These were my same roommates who used to throw a Repeal of Prohibition party every year on December 5. Ah the good old days.
    I did that once... and I don't remember it.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

OMg the stupid things I've done in my youth!

this one is really really bad.

My girlfriend and I were out at a bar one night (we were both 19 age of majority in Ontario) and we met up with some guys that graduated from our high school two years ahead of us but were home from college for the summer. We hung out and danced and had a few drinks but we weren't 'trashed'. At last call we drove home. While no one was sh*tfaced drunk no one should have been driving.
    We took the back roads home. The guys decided that it would be funny to have one of them work the pedals...blindfolded while the other steered and yelled out directions. While doing this one of the guy's baseball hats flew out the window and they decided to use this method to back up and pick it up... our 'pedal man' was hanging sideways out of the driver's side door to pick up the hat while we were moving. It was a weird night.
    To make things worse one of the guys was a brother of guy that was interested in me (I was interested right back) but he blew a gasket when he found out I was hanging out with his older brother (a bit of rivalry happening) Needless to say Jennie and I never did anything like that again (we did other stupid things instead)
    My stomach just about twists inside out when I think about it.
    I hope to goodness my daughter is a nerdy goody two shoes that hangs out with Gazer's girl. I want my kid to live a long and fulfilling life and not put herself danger like her mother did.

Injustice: I was at my fave bar one night with friends, I was waiting for my drink to be made, standing beside an acquaintance. He thought it was hilariously funny to grab my breast .. until I punched him in the face. His friends were laughing.. but it wasn't what he expected them to be laughing about. The injustice? The bouncer kicked me out for instigating a fight.
    The bouncer was new and didn't know any of us, we'd been drinking there since high school (this bar was one street over from the high school and with the drinking age being 19 it was very easy to get served) so the owner knew us well and knew how much money we could drop there in a night so she came to find me and invited us back. Talk about adding insult to injury. bleah. On the upside that idiot was teased all night about his punch to the face.

Just add alcohol and the stupidity will soon follow.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    That idiot should have been punched, though I would have kicked him in the jimmy a few times just for good measure.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    A few months ago I was driving a minibus(around 7 metres long, 21ft) as my Dad told me to evaluate the driving route and to see if it needed diversions to increase business.

I was driving and I got cut off by a guy in his Honda Integra. I was thinking to myself "Fine you're a speeder, you're aggressive so just get yourself killed buddy.. it's a Honda!" I was about to let him go when I see two fingers come out of the Honda. So I decided to have some fun with him. When the route hit the motorway, he was driving around legal limit (45MPH-70KM/H) So I decided to have a bit of fun. Luckily the bus was empty.

I just speeded up a bit to a good 70-80MPH(110km/h-130km/h) and pushed right in front of him. Then I hit hard on the brakes and clutch, went down from 5th to 4th gear and changed lanes. I was now on the legal speed limit.

The idiot behind braked, lost control and the right side of the car got damaged. He sped up and without warning, he hits the rear end of a double decker bus. Car totaled.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast