+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 247

Thread: Tipping

  1. #231
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: Tipping

    I've seen that before. Guys taking tips back when the servers don't accept their advances, or thinking that by leaving a couple of dollars they have the right to treat the server like a hooker. It's amazing.
    BTW we call it "The Awful house."

  2. #232
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Tipping

    Totally agree. I always try to tip a bit more if I can because I know they don't get paid alot. Now at the bar, I tip a dollar per round because their tip jars are overflowing usually.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  3. #233
    FORT Fogey ScoutMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,054

    Re: Tipping

    That was a very thoughtful thing for you to do, MRD. I probably wouldn't have thought to get the business card and call the dealership.

  4. #234
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Tipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2766530;
    I've seen that before. Guys taking tips back when the servers don't accept their advances, or thinking that by leaving a couple of dollars they have the right to treat the server like a hooker. It's amazing.
    BTW we call it "The Awful house."
    We call it that too.

    Have you seen The Ladykillers with Tom Hanks?

    We call it the Waffle Hut too because of that movie. Because we LOVE the line about "You brought your B**** to the Waffle hut?"

    I'm telling you that some guys are just pigs and give other guys a bad name because of the way they act. Unk, that is just horrible behavior. Do you say anything to them? I imagine its kind of hard to unless they are being really nasty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  5. #235
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Tipping

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2766537;
    That was a very thoughtful thing for you to do, MRD. I probably wouldn't have thought to get the business card and call the dealership.
    I'll remember this too and we will NOT buy a car in the future from that dealer, I can tell you that.

    Honestly, had I not been absolutely bored to tears by the company I was eating with, I would never have even noticed this or acted on it.
    The conversation at my table was about buying lumber by the linear foot. I mean, just riveting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  6. #236
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: Tipping

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2766540;
    Unk, that is just horrible behavior. Do you say anything to them? I imagine its kind of hard to unless they are being really nasty.
    I've bounced a few because of it. I basically ask them how they would like someone talking to their mother, wife or sister that way and this women are someone's mother, sister or wife. Yeah I don't take any prisoners when it comes to that. :nono

  7. #237
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Tipping

    That's good Unk! We need more people in the world willing to stand up and put people in their places. We'd have a nicer world if that were the case.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  8. #238
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Tipping

    Unbelievable... simply unbelievable. Do they really expect ALL the servers at all the restaurants they go to to buy cars from them? Good for you mrd! Good for you!

  9. #239
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Tipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2766566;
    I've bounced a few because of it. I basically ask them how they would like someone talking to their mother, wife or sister that way and this women are someone's mother, sister or wife. Yeah I don't take any prisoners when it comes to that. :nono
    Good for you Unk. That is a great comeback.

    I've asked kids before that I hear cussing: Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #240
    FORT Fogey Missyboxers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: Tipping

    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2766530;
    BTW we call it "The Awful house."
    We don't have those in this area, but we caught a late snack there after my cousin's wedding a few years ago. Our first and last visit, for sure. When we got in the car, my dad turned to us and said, "Well, I'm glad we went there tonight so we don't wreck breakfast tomorrow."

    Wow, those guys put the slime in the car salesman stereotype!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.