+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Tipping

Re: Tipping

I've seen that before. Guys taking tips back when the servers don't accept their advances, or thinking that by leaving a couple of dollars they have the right to treat the server like a hooker. It's amazing.
    BTW we call it "The Awful house."

Totally agree. I always try to tip a bit more if I can because I know they don't get paid alot. Now at the bar, I tip a dollar per round because their tip jars are overflowing usually.
    Yup, with donuts!!

That was a very thoughtful thing for you to do, MRD. I probably wouldn't have thought to get the business card and call the dealership.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2766530;
    I've seen that before. Guys taking tips back when the servers don't accept their advances, or thinking that by leaving a couple of dollars they have the right to treat the server like a hooker. It's amazing.
    We call it that too.

Have you seen The Ladykillers with Tom Hanks?

We call it the Waffle Hut too because of that movie. Because we LOVE the line about "You brought your B**** to the Waffle hut?"

I'm telling you that some guys are just pigs and give other guys a bad name because of the way they act. Unk, that is just horrible behavior. Do you say anything to them? I imagine its kind of hard to unless they are being really nasty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2766537;
    That was a very thoughtful thing for you to do, MRD. I probably wouldn't have thought to get the business card and call the dealership.
    I'll remember this too and we will NOT buy a car in the future from that dealer, I can tell you that.

Honestly, had I not been absolutely bored to tears by the company I was eating with, I would never have even noticed this or acted on it.
    The conversation at my table was about buying lumber by the linear foot. I mean, just riveting.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2766540;
    Unk, that is just horrible behavior. Do you say anything to them? I imagine its kind of hard to unless they are being really nasty.
    I've bounced a few because of it. I basically ask them how they would like someone talking to their mother, wife or sister that way and this women are someone's mother, sister or wife. Yeah I don't take any prisoners when it comes to that. :nono

That's good Unk! We need more people in the world willing to stand up and put people in their places. We'd have a nicer world if that were the case.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Unbelievable... simply unbelievable. Do they really expect ALL the servers at all the restaurants they go to to buy cars from them? Good for you mrd! Good for you!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2766566;
    I've bounced a few because of it. I basically ask them how they would like someone talking to their mother, wife or sister that way and this women are someone's mother, sister or wife. Yeah I don't take any prisoners when it comes to that. :nono
    Good for you Unk. That is a great comeback.

I've asked kids before that I hear cussing: Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2766530;
    We don't have those in this area, but we caught a late snack there after my cousin's wedding a few years ago. Our first and last visit, for sure. When we got in the car, my dad turned to us and said, "Well, I'm glad we went there tonight so we don't wreck breakfast tomorrow."

Wow, those guys put the slime in the car salesman stereotype!

+ Reply to Thread