+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: "Get Well Unklescott"

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    You don't have the cavity tube drain do you? That sucks big time.
    Not this time around. I had to deal with that on the last one along with about 40 staples.
    Got an update for y'all on my friend Carol. She called me yesterday morning to tell me her step father was in the hospital and they didn't expect him to live. She was crying and all upset. She never mentioned our squabble but did ask how I was doing. I told her fine and that's about it. Took every bit of 5 minutes. I did call her back that afternoon to see how things stood with him as I know him and her mother quite well. So far, he's stable.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    cool, so you know the staple routine and great on no cavity tube. i turned into the biggest mass of jello when mine didn't want to come out right at first. just knew it was gonna hurt. doc caught me off guard and had it out before i knew it.

hope all is well and milk it for what its worth, thats part of the recovery program.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    cool, so you know the staple routine and great on no cavity tube. i turned into the biggest mass of jello when mine didn't want to come out right at first. just knew it was gonna hurt. doc caught me off guard and had it out before i knew it.

hope all is well and milk it for what its worth, thats part of the recovery program.
    Would someone retitle this thread to the gory bloody details? Ewww...cavity drains!! Gross (but they look way worse than they feel). Same goes for staples.

Glad you are doing better Unk...walking three miles a day after abdominal surgery?? Yep, I'm beginning to seriously wonder about you!! Me? I would be lying on my back with a pillow pressed against my tummy in case I sneeze. And poppin' the pills. That's the only way to get through recovery
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Get well soon unklescott, you helped me out when I had a question a long time ago. Sending warm feelings your way.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Would someone retitle this thread to the gory bloody details? Ewww...cavity drains!! Gross (but they look way worse than they feel). Same goes for staples.

oh come on now! you know us old guys have nothing to alk about except our operations and the gory stuff, not like we get sex anymore than we do the operations

ready for them staples to come out?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Had it done yesterday, as a matter of fact. Got the okay to go back to work. I'll be back to work Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Had it done yesterday, as a matter of fact. Got the okay to go back to work. I'll be back to work Monday.
    Oh, Unklescott, I'm so sorry. Maybe you could have a teenie weensie relapse?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

oh man, so much for a vacation. You don't really relax and enjoy the break till the healing is over and then they want you going back to work.....that sucks!

Enjoy your weekend Unk! I'm glad your doing well!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789