+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PetCare Rx

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar

PetCare Rx

I figured out of all the pet owners at the FORT, someone may have experience with purchasing their pet prescriptions from petcarerx.com rather than at their vet clinic?

Anyone do it? Do they make it difficult, or is it really as easy as it sounds? Those heartworm and flea/tick meds are so expensive! If there's a way I could get the exact same medications cheaper and it's not the biggest headache in the world to do it, I would love to try it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I've gotten meds from one of the on-line places. You need your vet to write you a prescription for the meds first. Most vets won't want to do it, but they're required by law to if you ask them. The problem is, if you ask them to write a prescription, they're most likely going to get their money from you anyway, by requiring an office visit before writing the prescription, rather than just selling you the medication.

Eh, it's a wash for me. Personally, I love my vet, and want him to stay in business for many years, so I'd rather my money went to him than some faceless internet biz.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    can't help you BF, I get the same meds for the same price from my vet as i can online. I've checked...now the sad part. Where I live the soil has so much alkalinity in it that we don't have fleas and ticks. i know people that have moved here with their pets and after two months. all fleas gone!!!!!
    Last edited by joeguy; 07-26-2004 at 10:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread