+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are you nosy?

My husband thinks that I, too, am the neighborhood sheriff, but I never disclose what I know about others. People also confide all kinds of things in me, but I think that's because they know I'll never tell anyone else. I have an accounting background, and have always been privy to exec's salaries, bonuses, etc., and maybe because of this, I learned if I wanted to get the good jobs, I have to keep my lips forever sealed. I love learning who makes what and all that, but don't share any of it with anyone else.

I had a family who lived next door to me years ago, who were constantly having these horrendous shouting matches about all kinds of family problems (they eventually divorced), and I found myself kneeling on the floor of my bedroom below the open window just to hear ALL the details. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and had to stifle my laughter at how ridiculous I looked!

Oh, and I LOVE reality tv!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Feifer, rose; I agree the best way to hear the interesting stories is to never, ever, tell anyone else!
    And rose, I have a couple next door to me now that is constantly raising hell in the middle of the night. Since I stay up all night anyway the two nights a week when I'm not at work, I'm still dressed and all so I have actually sneaked outside trying to hear. But, I still hear the same thing I hear from inside my house, which is to say I never hear him, just her M-F-ing and SOB-ing at him. I really really feel sorry for their two kids, who have to be awakened by this crap.
    And, I do think if I ever hear anything besides yelling, I should be ready to call 911. The man is huge, and I'm afraid that one day he won't just sit there and take it anymore; I feel sorry for him to because all I ever see him do is go to work (at an auto garage here in town) and he gets home ten minutes after the place closes; she doesn't work and seems to always have nicer clothes, a better car, and so forth than he does...what's all the hellraising about?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb, that's a really sad story about your next-door-neighbors. I hope everyone stays safe.

I remembered another neighbor of mine from the past. I was sitting outside on my front patio late one evening with a friend, just quietly talking, when four police cars pulled in front of the house across the street. My patio had a low, rock retaining wall in front, and not knowing why they were there, my friend and I crouched down below the wall, with just our heads peeking over the top just like this . Some of the cops went up to the front door, and the others hid behind the garage with their guns drawn. Eventually, we saw the husband come out in cuffs and we found out he had several guns in the house, had threatened her so called the cops. When I realized what had happened, and that the ending could have been different, I decided from now on, I'll peek from inside the safety of my house! Fortunately, they moved shortly thereafter, and our neighborhood was peaceful again.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234