+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Habits Anyone?

Queen of all boards

Quirks

A way we can learn more about each other is by posting our quirks..you know..who plays with their hair when they talk..who is contantly fidgeting with their glasses..or chews on the end of them..stuff that you maybe don't even realize you are doing, until someone points it out to you.
    Last edited by eny; 07-26-2004 at 04:06 PM.
    Life is a game, play hard.

Queen of all boards
    I will start..I am fidigity..I cant sit still...ever, i tap my fingers, play with my hands, play with my hair, bite my nails..anything to occupy my hands. I also sit on my left leg, until its sore or asleep, then i will put rearrange, only long enough to wake it up, or stop hurting, and back it goes.

I am a clutz..if its exists...i will bump into it, trip on it, kick it, or knock it over..I accept this. Its one of the reasons I dont wear shorts..I am always covered in bruises.

I also have the habit of smiling like an idiot whenever someone is in an obviously bad mood. This usually gets me in trouble..since people think I am laughing at them (because I am).

Oh, and I absolutely LOVE new socks..

I'm another leg sitter Surfer...do the exact same thing and with my left leg also.

I have a horrid habit of putting stuff in my mouth as well....I chew my fingernails, smoke, chew on pens/pencils/markers, hold my keys in my mouth when unloading my car, just a bad habit of mine and I don't realize it until I do something like borrow somebody's pen and next thing I know I'm chewing on it....needless to say they only let me borrow it once and don't tend to want it back LOL.

Queen of all boards
    Oh...I do that too...I put candy wrappers (the plastic kind), paperclips, pen caps..The little plastic ring from soda caps..all of it goes on my mouth. I guess I never grew out of that toddler phase.

I am someone that cannot sit still. I forever have my legs bent underneath me or propped up on something. Very annoying to those around me.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Great thread Surfer .

Mine is when I start to lose focus especially in one of those long drawn out business "no idea why we're even here" meetings, I start to pull the ends of my hair and bite my lower lip. The funny thing is... no matter who I meet or talking to, they begin to think that I'm coming on to them...LOL.

Also when I'm scared, like watching a horror movie or riding rollercoasters, I just start to bust out laughing. This also happens when my toddler decides to throw a fit and proceed to turn this drama antic into one of those out of control tantrums. I can't help it. It's my way of dealing.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I apparently sit at my desk and bounce my legs up and down with the balls of my feet planted on the ground all the time. I never even noticed it until someone asked me if I'd had too much coffee - 4 hours after my last cup. And my wife says I talk to the refs constantly on TV during hockey games if I'm in the room by myself.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You are supposed to, they can hear you. I know because I talk to them too.

Oh, yeah, that's definiately true, and I think the Avs can get magical vibes from me thru the TV. That's why I yell so loud.

I bite my nails, and I do it the most while watching hockey. You should have seen my fingers during the playoffs, god, you could see the nerves on some of my fingers I bit the nails back so far. I was soo glad when the playoffs were done (and the Oilers won the cup- at least according to NHL 2002 they did) because my nails needed to recover.

I saw this last night..but had to think about it, great topic Surf123

Like Wayner..I bounce one leg up and down with the ball of the foot firmly planted. I do this when I am tic'd. It's very rapid pump...small children would call it an E-ticket ride at Disney.

In meetings...I tend to beat out song beats softly with my pens. In time, co-workers sitting on both sides of me have confiscated all my pens. I never have any mtg notes to refer to....they took my Pens!

My desk at work is always cluttered, and I know where everything is. DO NOT move it..or my day is hosed.

I use turn signals, even if no other vehicle is in sight.

Finally, I have a compulsion to answer every msg, PM or email. If you don't want to hear from me...don't send me another response.
    A rose soft, pliant and fragile when touched will quiver excitedly

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast