+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Habits Anyone?

Re: I "Used" to be OCD...I suspect

Originally posted by RoshiStar
    When I am walking with someone I care about...or like I can't let an inanimate object come between us...ie, we cannot walk on opposite sides of a meter, lamp post, bench, hedge...ANYTHING. I go OUT of my way, albeit covertly to walk on the same side of the object as the friend.....WHY DO I DO THIS???? I feel if I don't then some horrible thing will happen to the other person and it will be my fault...CRAZY I KNOW....I no longer do this, although I still think of it EVERY time an object separates me from a friend

How did I "kinda" kick the habit??? My ex-boyfriend, the love of my life, is the most understanding person in the word. He accepted/s everything about me.... he would go OUT OF HIS WAY to make it as difficult for me as humanly possible to be on the same side of things....he would make loops around lamp posts, weave throught cluttered sidewalks and generally make walking with him a public hell, until I just gave up....

I love that guy! But I think that should be considered a SUPREME quirk...don't you all agree?

I also have to be the last person to say, "Goodnight I love you..."
    If I'm walking hand in hand with my husband and we come up to a lamp post (or any similarly shaped object) I always feel the urge to make a loop round it him then release so we end up holding each other's other hand.

It's not something I have to do, but I always want to do it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

As for sitting habits..... I usually always sit with my right leg under me. When I'm stressed (which is alot of the time) I sit normally, but ALWAYS tap my right foot with the ball planted on the floor.
    Also when I'm stressed, I will tap my nails on my desk, or pen/pencil if I'm holding one.

I don't bite my nails, but I have an AWFUL nervous habit of picking at the cuticles, especially the ones on my right hand. I am desperately trying to break that one.

When I'm holding hands with someone, I always want to be on the right. How did that originate? I dont know....

I must sleep the same way at night. Right arm under pillow, laying on right side of my body.

I tend to say "I know, right" alot. (Hey, it's better than like, umm, like )

Now, notice that all of those contain a prominent link: the word RIGHT I'm left handed.

Here's another 'right' quirk. I twirl a strand of my hair with my right hand when I'm stressed and don't have a pencil.

Are ya'll imagining this yet. This is what an extremely stressed out Kylie would look like: Tapping right foot, tapping nails of left hand on desk, twirling strand of hair with right hand. Rotating twirling and nail tapping with picking at cuticles every once in a while.

I am under WAY too much stress!!!!

OMG Kylie. Here's something else scary.

I'm also left handed.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

John shyly raises his left hand...

Me too!

Miss F.

I'm serious, you've got to quit pretending to be me one of these days.

Ahh, Miss F, Kylie, John. The best people here are all left handed, aren't they? ((I'm KIDDING, guys))

Ahh, left handed quirks/annoyances:

Anyone here left handed ever played foosball? Is it just me or does the whole game just seem backwards to you? No matter which side I'm on, I just want to turn the handles the other way. (Which would, of course, be scoring for the opponent)

Yes. I am the worst. Bad players want to play me so they can experience what it's like to kick ass.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Ahh, Miss F, Kylie, John. The best people here are all left handed, aren't they?
    OMG - add me AND Paulie to the list of lefties!!!

And Kylie, I hate to break it to you, but you're a college student - stressed is your natural state for at least 4 years (it was 5 for me - following 2 really "I'm having a great time partying and don't know what I want to do but gee this is fun" years.)

Miss F! That is so me! Everyone want to play against me to gloat afterwards. I rarely even try anymore!

Though, I am somewhat inept at video games, and games with hand coordination (ie. foosball, can't think of any others right now). Of course, I always attribute it to being left handed

+ Reply to Thread