+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Habits Anyone?

I have had a quirk since I was a kid. The first time I remember doing this was when I was 6 and we moved to Texas from New Mexico(Please do not tell anyone I was not Born in Texas..I got here as soon as I could). I absolutely have to make my bed before I unpack anything. I set up the frame, put the matress on and have my bedding in it's own box all clean and fresh-from-the-laundry smelling. Only after I have made my bed can I unpack anything else. When I went off to college; I packed everything up in my blazer and drove myself there. I took my happy box of linens up and made my bed before I took anything else out. The other girls who came the same day thought I had been there for a few days already.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Feifer
    my happy box of linens
    I'm sensing a trend. We have the "chewers" and the folks with a linen fetish (thinking about Sher's 'skinnies.')

What about the Tappers and Twisters and Twiddlers. We cannot leave these important groups out. That would exacerbate their tapping and twisting and twiddling.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by Surfer: I make the bed FIRST thing..as soon as I get up..something about having a neat bed makes me feel better about getting the rest of the housework done, I am also one of those people whose house you walk into, and you think, MAN..this girl cleans WAY too much, because everything always looks neat
    Dear Lord,

Please let Mrs. Wayner read this - and make it seem like a good idea.

Your Humble Servant,
    Wayner

PS - If you happen to read this honey, Happy Birthday! :birthday

Queen of all boards
    LOL, Wayner, you missed the next part of the sentence...my kitchen cabinets are a danger zone..you have to slowly open them..because more than likely, something will fall out. And My dresser drawers alway start out neat..but eventually they are just holders for a mass of unfolded clothes..except, of course, for my sock drawer..
    Life is a game, play hard.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Dear Heavenly Father,

Please don't let Mrs. Wayner see Sufer's last post. If you don't, I promise I'll do a better job on the lawn next year.

YHS,
    Wayner

Queen of all boards
    You have to take the bad with the good..

Queen of all boards
    So, spy, your quirk would be that you like to color outside of the lines?

Queen of all boards
    Oh, cmon...anyone can follow the rules..if they try hard enough.

FORT Fanatic

I "Used" to be OCD...I suspect

When I am walking with someone I care about...or like I can't let an inanimate object come between us...ie, we cannot walk on opposite sides of a meter, lamp post, bench, hedge...ANYTHING. I go OUT of my way, albeit covertly to walk on the same side of the object as the friend.....WHY DO I DO THIS???? I feel if I don't then some horrible thing will happen to the other person and it will be my fault...CRAZY I KNOW....I no longer do this, although I still think of it EVERY time an object separates me from a friend

How did I "kinda" kick the habit??? My ex-boyfriend, the love of my life, is the most understanding person in the word. He accepted/s everything about me.... he would go OUT OF HIS WAY to make it as difficult for me as humanly possible to be on the same side of things....he would make loops around lamp posts, weave throught cluttered sidewalks and generally make walking with him a public hell, until I just gave up....

I love that guy! But I think that should be considered a SUPREME quirk...don't you all agree?

I also have to be the last person to say, "Goodnight I love you..."
    Loving YOU loving ME........

Ladies remember:
    The Treasure doesn't do the hunting....

+ Reply to Thread