+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Habits Anyone?

My desk at work is always cluttered, and I know where everything is. DO NOT move it..or my day is hosed.

I do this too.

I insist that I'm organized, but an outsider would never believe it since my desk is covered with papers and files at any given time and I have about 12 windows open on the computer.

As long as I know exactly where everything is, I'm good.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Queen of all boards
    Okay, I have given this some more thought...I make the bed FIRST thing..as soon as I get up..something about having a neat bed makes me feel better about getting the rest of the housework done, I am also one of those people whose house you walk into, and you think, MAN..this girl cleans WAY too much, because everything always looks neat..But, for gods sakes..DONT OPEN THE CLOSET DOOR! LMAO, neat on the outside...messy on the inside. I dont think this is significant of anything, but who knows, maybe life is like a closet, or a junk drawer.

Also, If I am going to work out, it has to be done in the morning, If I havent sqeezed it in by 10:00 AM, too late, forget it..For some reason I think that there is just not enough time betwwen 10AM and 10PM to squeze in half an hour of exercise. I should mention that this causes me to miss several workouts..
    Life is a game, play hard.

Ditto
    Another leg sitter here... the left one. No matter where I am, the left foot automatically goes in to my chair and I sit on it. It's habit, I don't even realize I've done it unless someone comments.

I love shoes... but never keep them on. At home, I am always barefoot. At work, I even kick them off under my desk... then sit on my foot! When someone comes in, I scramble to find my shoes.

I tap my nails... on my desk, the table, whatever surface I'm sitting near. I even tap them on the keyboard while think about what I type or, if I am chatting, while I am waiting for a response. The more pre-occupied I am or the deeper in thought... the faster I tap. It drives my co-workers crazy.

I could list more... but another of my quirks is impatience and a short attention span.

Ditto
    Surfee... I always wondered when you managed to squeeze in a workout. What with your royal duties and all.

Queen of all boards
    LMAO...has to be first thing..well, after the bed, of course..this morning, it was an hour and a half ago.

Ditto
    Hmmm... you don't get online right after you make the bed? I'm proud of you... you seem to be controlling your addiction.

I like to workout about an hour after dinner. I think it's a subconscious rationalization that I am working off everything I just ate.

Queen of all boards
    I guess my addiction is a quirk...maybe I shouldve merged these threads..but no..I do have my priorities..after all, no one can complain about my time online as long as the bed is made..right?

I work out throughout the day, to get me out of my chair. I have a weight bench in my office (which is in my house), and get up every 20-30 minutes to do some lifting. It keeps me relaxed, and like I said, gets me out of the chair.

Sleeping with George W
    Leave it to John to have a HEALTHY quirk!

I'm yet another person on here who has an oral fixation, I guess. (Down, Paulie, Down!) I chew up pens until they are worthless. The good thing is no one ever tries to take my pens.

Also, when I'm really deeply in thought I stick my thumb under my index finger and over my middle finger. I never knew I did that until a boyfriend pointed it out a few years back. I do it all the time.

I act like a total dork around pretty girls. Always have. I can't help it.

+ Reply to Thread