+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

pinkieparrot - so cynical at such a young age :nono.
    Surely they have those photobooths at Walmart, no?

Congrats to your folks on their 25th - that's a big deal.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkieparrot
    Nice pictures everyone! I just got back from vacation in Florida, but I didn't take any pictures. It's my parents' 25th anniversary so they went off to the Virgin Islands while my brother and I stayed in Florida with my grandparents. We didn't do anything worth taking pictures of, unless a $2.99 all-you-can-eat pizza buffet or a SuperWalmart counts.
    PIZZA!?! For 2.99??
    Oh, you crazy... wonderful... Americans and your "all-you-can-eat Buffets!!
    Screw Molokai.... Florida here I come!!!

Also congrats to your parents on their 25th!! They deserve these for their commitment!
    Last edited by toque; 08-02-2004 at 12:40 AM.

OK - I DID warn you - here are some pics from Cedar River Flow in the ADKs (where my parents first brought me and my siblings 30+ years ago) We (my guy, Eric, and I) took my daughter (Emma - age 5) and his daughters (Leah (in pink) and Lynsey (in blue) - age 8, twins) canoe camping for 4 days, 3 nights last week.

A true bonding experience, and despite the rain (rather in spite of the rain) we had, in the girls words, an "awesome" time

(This first photo should really be showing as an image to get the full effect, but I only know how to show thumbnail views - can anyone pm me with how to include an image right in the text of the message?)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ADKLove; 08-03-2004 at 01:02 AM.

Great pics ADK, looks like you had a blast.

The only way to include pictures with the text is if it is from a website, I believe. You can make your pictures larger if you want as attachments, up to 400x400.

Thanks, AIWANNABE - I must say, your new avatar cracks me up, and is a HUGE improvement over your former av (Now I can stop picturing you as a morph between Nicole and Holly )

Love the camping photos ADK. Looks like so much fun! My son is really into camping and we have been discussing taking our first big camping expedition.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    gees, ok here it is my trip to LA and the dudley doo right emporium on sunset blvd. met mrs. jay ward and she remembered me an Ilikiai
    Last edited by joeguy; 08-03-2004 at 04:51 AM.

joeguy I don't think they attached

Bad Tigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Holy Cow!!!! I didn't know Tigger had a long history of this. I guess you can count me in as 25.
    Maybe you should get a lawyer...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...home-headlines
    Girl, 13, tells of shock in Tigger case
    On trial's 1st day, defense grills teen on smiling photos
    By Anthony Colarossi
    Sentinel Staff Writer

August 3, 2004

The 13-year-old girl who said she was groped at Walt Disney World early this year by someone playing the Tigger character took the stand Monday and told her story to a panel of Orange County jurors.

Dressed in a black suit and white shirt, the girl calmly explained how she and her family visited the park Feb. 21, went on rides and then took pictures with characters at the Magic Kingdom's Toon Town. She posed with several, but it was her unusual experience with Tigger that was upsetting, she said.

"He touched me, right on my breast, my right one," she said. "He rubbed it."

The eighth-grader from Hillsborough County said the rubbing occurred two or three times. The person playing Tigger remained silent, she said. The girl said she stood there speechless as well, waiting for the picture-taking to end.

"I did nothing. I didn't know what to do," she said. "I didn't know what to say."

The next day, the girl told the story to her mother, who said the same thing had happened to her. The next week the girl and her father reported the incident to local authorities.

In early April, the Orange County Sheriff's Office arrested Michael Chartrand, a Disney cast member who was working as Tigger the day of the alleged incident.

Now, Chartrand, 36, is on trial on a charge of lewd or lascivious molestation involving a child. The Orlando Sentinel does not identify sex-crime victims.

Prosecutors and a defense attorney spent most of Monday questioning potential jurors and asking them whether they could remain unbiased in a case involving Disney that has gained international attention and intense local publicity.

One woman, Lynda Swenk, a high-school art teacher from Orlando, immediately recognized the case during jury selection.

"Is this the case that was on the news this morning?" Swenk asked, when asked about the tendency to sue large corporations with deep pockets. "I personally think the person's innocent just looking at it from the news this morning."

Swenk wasn't chosen to sit on the jury.

Before the six-member jury and two alternates were selected, Assistant State Attorney William Jay offered Chartrand a plea deal in which Chartrand would plead no contest to misdemeanor battery and serve one year of probation.

Chartrand refused the offer and headed to trial on a felony charge that could lead to more than four years in prison.

In his opening statement, Jay told jurors Chartrand "abused his job as a Disney character and stole the innocence of a child.

"This defendant, the evidence will show, knew where his paws were," said Jay, who plans to introduce some 20 pictures of Chartrand as Tigger with other guests and the Tigger costume itself.

Jay also acknowledged problems with the case, including that the girl's family did not immediately file a police report, that the family sought out a civil lawsuit in the case and that the lead investigator in the case never spoke to the victim.

The detective, Kevin Kraubetz, instead relied on an earlier statement the girl gave the Sheriff's Office.

"It's not about whether Detective Kraubetz is going to get investigator of the year," said Jay, adding that Kraubetz was flooded with similar Disney character molestation complaints after the Chartrand story broke.

"The detective had his hands full," Jay said. "It's not an excuse, but an explanation."

Chartrand's attorney Jeffrey Kaufman, himself a Disney cast member who has played Tigger, tried to characterize the case as an example of sloppy police work and a family out to sue the entertainment giant with a bogus story.

Chartrand will testify in his own defense, Kaufman said, adding that his client describes himself as an "honorable human being" who doesn't "touch people like that."

Kaufman also indicated that the girl's mother lied to him and the prosecutor about seeking the civil lawsuit in this and a separate case involving a department store. He suggested that the investigation might have turned up the wrong cast member playing Tigger.

"By the time we're done, you're going to ask, 'What can you get for filing a false report?' " Kaufman told jurors in his opening statement.

In his cross-examination of the victim, Kaufman asked the girl about a sequence of pictures taken with Tigger. In one picture, the girl appears unhappy. In another, she's smiling.

At one point in her testimony, the girl said she couldn't remember if the molestation occurred before the picture in which she was smiling. At another point, she said the smiling picture occurred after the incident.

Sometimes she appeared confident in her answers, but at other times, she seemed uncertain and unable to remember earlier statements she provided.

"You're confusing me. Can't people be smiling and not be happy?" the girl asked Kaufman after his aggressive questioning. "It's a picture. What are you supposed to do?"

Anthony Colarossi can be reached at acolarossi@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-6218.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    hmmmm, must have been all that darn wine I was drinking. ok here it is again, sorry for the screw up, uncle joe had too much medicine last night and it caught up with him.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread