+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051

Thread: Vacation photos

Re: Vacation photos

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3502652;
    I really don't have a fear of heights, but don't like amusement park rides that go up and somehow equate parasailing to something like an amusement park ride. Is it a similar feeling?
    No, I was very surprised--it goes up so gently and slowly, it's really relaxing--I can't say it was even 'exciting". And I normally don't like even going close to the edge of tall bulidings or closer than a few feet to a canyon or other drop off. Even when they reel you in, it's done slowly, and they very gently seat you back on the boat deck. I was very surprised, because I expected a big RUSH when I took off. In fact I would do it again, but would probably find it boring after a time or two, since there really isn't scenery to look at or anything.
    Do you ever have (not scary!) 'flying' dreams? It's actually very much like that!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks, queenB. I think that is my main problem. I "think" things are going to be scary for me, so I avoid them. But now that I know kind of what it was like from your description, I can cut the daughter some slack! I was not too happy when she showed me pics of her way up in the sky parasailing on Spring Break. (The mom in me was thinking all different scenarios that could have involved ambulances, hospitals, and phone calls from the cops 1000 miles away!)

I just came across this thread, I didn't realize it was here. Wonderful pic's everyone.

I was so glad to see Sanibel Island on here, that is my favourite area. I go to Ft Myer's Beach, and have been for the last 20 yrs, was just there in June. Those pictures make me want to book a flight right now.

I went to Italy this past summer, I'll post some pic's on the weekend.

+ Reply to Thread