+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Vacation photos

I went to San Diego in '03 and hopefully am going back in October...it really is a pretty place! Great pics queenb!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So sad to see that this thread hasn't been updated in months. I went to music camp in Dublin, NH again this summer. I didn't take so many photos this time around (a grand total of 55 over the course of 5 weeks!), but I have far fewer "disposable" photos, I suppose. One of our extracurricular activities was a weekly hike, and here are some photos from the summit of Mt. Monadnock:

Gustav Holst was right!

Nice to have you back, haejin! That's a beautiful view, but there's no way I'd get close to the edge like that. I'm a wuss over heights.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3164948;
    Nice to have you back, haejin! That's a beautiful view, but there's no way I'd get close to the edge like that. I'm a wuss over heights.
    I agree! I have pictures of me desperately clinging to a scraggly little tree on the rim of the Grand Canyon. Haegin, your pictures are lovely and you are braver than I!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I don't take vacations per se, just little trips around Milwaukee to see stuff. Last weekend went to an old lighthouse that has been restored, Northpoint Lighthouse about a mile from my apartment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Didn't take the tour, but will be doing that in a few weeks probably, but one day snapped a few pictures at Miller, still getting more.

Those are beautiful pics haejin.....I'm with the others that wouldn't get anywhere near that close to the edge, of anything!

gabriel, what a beautiful lighthouse and that tour bus looks very cool!
    CYA

Gabriel, your photos are making me homesick! Looks like they've done a great job on the lighthouse restoration. Is it in that park on top of the hill, not far from the old water tower and St. Mary's?

Miller tours are fun, too! In the old days, if you timed it right, it was possible to hit "The Big Three" (Miller, Pabst, and Schlitz) tours all in one day. BTW -- I know this sounds weird -- have you ever been to that cemetery on the south side (Forest Home -- near 27th & Lincoln) where "Beer Barons" Pabst, Blatz, Schlitz, and Uihlein, are entombed on the same corner? The monuments are pretty impressive, as I recall.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Gabriel,
    I want a High Life Cruiser! Great photos, sounds like a lot of fun. Does Miller give out samples? I toured the Anheiser Busch Brewery in Tampa, FL and we got samples. Just little ones, but to me, a free sample is still a great thing. The lighthouse is beautiful. Did you go up in it? I don't do that anymore since freezing on the stair case at the Key West Lighthouse on my honeymoon. I got scared of going down the stairs. But I like to look at lighthouses from the ground.

Haejin, that's gorgeous. I just learned recently that Monodanock actually means isolated mountain where erosion has worn down the other mountains around it leaving it solitary. We have a mountain here like that and I was doing some research on the person who the mountain is named after and came across the word. Stone Mountain near Atlanta is also a Monodanock. Just throwing out some useless trivia.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3165306;
    Gabriel, your photos are making me homesick! Looks like they've done a great job on the lighthouse restoration. Is it in that park on top of the hill, not far from the old water tower and St. Mary's?

Miller tours are fun, too! In the old days, if you timed it right, it was possible to hit "The Big Three" (Miller, Pabst, and Schlitz) tours all in one day. BTW -- I know this sounds weird -- have you ever been to that cemetery on the south side (Forest Home -- near 27th & Lincoln) where "Beer Barons" Pabst, Blatz, Schlitz, and Uihlein, are entombed on the same corner? The monuments are pretty impressive, as I recall.
    That IS the lighthouse in what is part of Lake Park, on Wahl Ave, not far from St Marys and the water tower.
    We did a cemetery crawl recently to Forest Home, yes but I did not get any pictures. We also went to Calvary on 58th & Bluemound so I could get pictures of the Miller plot (They had all new stones done in 2005), I did get some pictures at Calvary
    myrosiedog - I went up all 74 steps of the lighthouse *huff puff*, We haven't done th tour yet but Miller does do from what I've heard "hearty" samples.

haejin- Cool pictures - but sorry I am not going to get that close.

Sometime as we go around more I 'll get more pictures.
    Last edited by just1paul; 08-16-2008 at 12:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread