+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Re: Vacation photos

Amazing photos, roses. I love sand dunes, grand sweeping waves of endless sand and all.

Incidentally, I do play an instrument (violin), though I got out of the habit during the summer and am having a really hard time trying to fit it back in. How unfortunate and ironic that this happened during the summer I went to music camp.

gamergirl, that's a side of Florida we never see!
    Gustav Holst was right!

Roses, I came thisclose to going to Death Valley the first time I went to Vegas, but the 2 girls I went with whined till I dropped the idea, and I've always wished I had done it anyway!
    agamergirl, sometimes the best scenery is up in the sky!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Haejin, it is ironic that you found it difficult to sqeeze time in for your violin during a summer music camp. When things settle down a little for you, though, I'm sure you'll pick it back up. I'm sure you miss playing.

Agamergirl, sunsets/rises are extraordinary, especially when there are large clouds to help display the brilliant colors. Having the palms in the foreground is icing on the cake.

Queenie, you would have loved Death Valley, and if you're ever out in that area again, I encourage you to go. Here's another view of the harsh environment with a Borax twenty-mule team wagon in the foreground.

The Manson Family spent some time in Death Valley and an old man living in a trailer in the desert told us this was Charlie's truck. Whether it's true or not, I have no idea, but the guy spun a good tale about Manson.

And here's a little dreamhouse that can be bought for a dime...literally. Note, it needs a little work, but aren't the bunnies cute on the door.

Last edited by roseskid; 10-22-2007 at 03:05 PM.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Roses, I love that last one! Don't know if I'd want one that has to be fixed up that much.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I took a four day trip to Munich for the long weekend to visit my sister, who is studying abroad in Paris. I'm just learning how to post photos and will post a couple more later, but here is a photo from our day trip to Salzburg, where we took the Sound of Music tour:

That is pretty, Missyboxers.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

What a gorgeous shot, missyboxers! I bet the tour was really fun too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Fantastic picture Missyboxers! You're incredibly lucky to have the opportunity to travel to these places.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Gorgeous picture Missyboxers....can't wait to see more or them!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

What absolutely gorgeous photos everyone! Meowza! Impressive for sure! Oregon, Death Valley, Yellowstone, New Hampshire, The Great Lakes.

Agamergirl: Fabulous shot!

missyboxers: Saltzburg is wonderful. Did you go and see the cemetary where the family hid from the Germans in your Sound of Music tour? That is way cool. I really enjoyed wondering around the old town as well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread