+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Re: Vacation photos

Jluvs: So glad you could had a great "Rent" vacation. Great pics!

queenb: Gosh, you take beautiful photos! I haven't been to Yellowstone for eons; it's still amazing!

Spoose: for Jasper. It's 5 hours away from me and my family has always loved it. Did you get to Maligne Lake and go for a boat ride to see Spirit Island? Love the photo of your backseat "wildlife".
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Jluvs...I loved the New York pics. Makes me want to go back, but our free hotel (son) has up and moved back to California.

queenb...beautiful pictures. Your fella's a little camera shy..???
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

QB, I love when you go on vacation because we get to go along via your great photos So glad that you were able to get your guy to go along as well and enjoy a taste of the west.

Premium Member

I always love seeing pictures of Yellowstone, thanks for posting them queenb! They are great! I was there last summer, here's one of me and Mr. Marleybone on the observation deck at the bottom of Red Rocks trail in the canyon taken August, 2006.

On that same trip last year, we also hiked on the other side of Jenny Lake in the Tetons. This is a Cinnamon Black bear and her cub that we saw. I had to crop this 3 or 4 times to get the bears to show up good, we really were a safe distance away - unlike that idiot in the photo. We got out of there pretty quick after the bears disappeared because some idiots followed them into the woods. I didn't want to be around if mama bear tried to eat them.

Here's another picture from that same trip, this is on the Going to the Sun road in Glacier National Park.

Last edited by Marleybone; 09-20-2007 at 03:16 PM.

That last picture is gorgeous Marleybone. It would also scare the Bejesus out of me to be on that road.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Premium Member

In May of this year I was in La Jolla, CA for a conference and took these pictures at La Jolla Cove.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2580205;
    That last picture is gorgeous Marleybone. It would also scare the Bejesus out of me to be on that road.
    Oh, it did, Mar. It was very scary. And very high.

Premium Member

Last month we went to the UP of Michigan. These are a couple of pictures I took of the Mackinac Bridge. The first is from a park on the Mackinaw City side and the second I took from the front seat of the car as we were driving across.

This was at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore on Lake Superior.

Mr. Marleybone looking for rocks on the shore of Lake Superior/Whitefish Bay at Whitefish Point. I was still on crutches so I couldn't walk to the water so I made him go. I couldn't get over the beautiful blue color of the water, the picture doesn't do it justice at all.

OK, I think I'm caught up on vacations now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2580205;
    I'm with you, Mar. That scared me just looking at it.

Marlybone

Beautiful and scary pictures.....out of your vacation ventures, I've only been to La Jolla....beautiful town and the sunsets are magnificent.

I had no idea the great lakes shores and water were so beautiful.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

+ Reply to Thread