+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Re: Vacation photos

And then here are a few more. The horses were on a wild horse tour that we went on during our visit there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spoose, those pictures are beautiful.

Spoose, those pictures are gorgeous. I'd like to get up to Alberta eventually .
    Coorah, I've been thinking about going to the Outer Banks next time I get ready for a beach trip. I haven't been there since I was a kid, but remember it being really neat to be so far out in the ocean on both sides of the road!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

QueenB, you'll want to head to one of the more southern parts of the Outer Banks. The area around Nags Head is really built up -- nothing like, say, Myrtle Beach, but still more crowded than it was when I was a kid. But down towards Cape Hatteras it's less crowded. And the land is narrower, so you do see both sides of the water at the same time.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2513288;
    QueenB, you'll want to head to one of the more southern parts of the Outer Banks. The area around Nags Head is really built up -- nothing like, say, Myrtle Beach, but still more crowded than it was when I was a kid. But down towards Cape Hatteras it's less crowded. And the land is narrower, so you do see both sides of the water at the same time.
    I agree. In all of our trips there, we've either stayed in Cape Hatteras or stayed around that area. It really is a beautiful place.

When I was about six, we went to Cape Hatteras and took the ferry over. I swear I was grown up before I realized it wasn't "Kay Patteras," which is what my ears had heard.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I got back from my vacation in NYC late last night. Brilliant trip, thanks to everyone who gave me advice. After I fix the pictures I will post a few.

For those of you who are RENT fans I have a real treat
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Here are some of pictures. For now I will start with RENT as that was the reason for my trip

RENT stuff (from all the days) and Tizz:

Those geriatrics sure don't have any fans

The blonde pixie in the photo signing things is the person that played Maureen.

Adam making his way around the masses. My camera was on full zoom and being stuck up in the air.

Anthony --- I have a bazillion of when we was in our area. I just kept sticking the camera up, leaving it on zoom, and pressing the button.

Adam just after he had signed my program and I was so spazzing at this point.

The part of the RENT wall I signed.

Tizz and I.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 08-12-2007 at 06:38 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

All the places that inspired RENT.

The Market that you see them all shopping at on the stage:

Tompkins Square Park - If you know the history of park there was a forced curfew there that resulted in riots in the 80's I believe. This the basis to the riot that happened after Maureen's performance.

The Vacant Lot that is the inspiration for where Maureen's performance took place.

The Life Cafe --- setting for La Vie Boheme.

The inspiration for Angel's Christmas tree and the main part of the RENT set.

The place where RENT was first performed.

Jonathan Larsen's Apartment

The Moondance Diner where he worked until RENT got picked up at the NY Theatre Workshop.
    -Bono

I just got back from Yellowstone, and had my fella with me after finally talking him into getting out of the South for his first time ever-- I had been once before, but didn't give myself enough time to really enjoy it. This time we stayed in the park itself 4 days, and also went through the Beartooth Pass in Montana and through Grand Teton National park. It was great!

This is the Beartooth Pass just outside the NE entrance of Yellowstone; if you ever go there you shouldn't miss this scenic drive up to 11.5 thousand feet!

A good spot to look for animals-- you see plenty anyway, but it's also fyun to check with binoculars and a good zoom lens.

Water falling off a cliff is always gorgeous.

But maybe not as fun as water boiling, roaring and shooting out of the ground!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread