+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Re: Vacation photos

Queenb, I hope I get to travel to as many places as you have during my life. You always seem to be somewhere beautiful and thrilling.

It's exactly two weeks before I go to Alaska and I'm very excited. I'm not so excited about being on a plane for 7 1/2 hours alone with my five-year-old, but hopefully that will go fast.

I'm also glad I"m not connecting through Chicago. I've not had very good luck with Chicago lately. The time before last that I connected through there, my plane sat on the tarmac for over three hours because a thunderstorm had backed up the flights so bad. The last time I went, I was delayed by an hour. So I'm glad that my flight to Anchorage is nonstop.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

WOW, Queenb your pictures are amazing, they look like they could be post cards. I'm glad you had such a great trip.
    Stargazer, I've heard that Alaska is very beautiful, make sure you take lots of pics for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2446212;
    It's exactly two weeks before I go to Alaska and I'm very excited. I'm not so excited about being on a plane for 7 1/2 hours alone with my five-year-old, but hopefully that will go fast.
    I've gotten the doctor to prescribe me two Xanax (one for each direction)both times I went to AK; I just can't ride that far in coach without losing my cool as I always seem to have someone in front of me with the seat back reclined into my face the entire time (I like to sit up straight) and some kid kicking the seat back--ugh, if it's more than 4 hours, I need a pill!

I'm glad you're getting to go to Alaska, you will love it. I know one of our other fORT friends is up there right now, so I'm looking forward to some great pictures from both of you soon!
    Doxie, please post a lot of stuff about Charleston--I've only gone there once and need to go back, as I didn't see everything I wanted to there. Also, one of the few things that defeat me in the kitchen is I can't make good biscuits atall; how about saving me a couple and pitch them out the window when you pass Exit 19 on I-20, assuming you drove...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb.... you do always have the most beautiful pictures!! I hope you weren't sick your entire trip.

Those last two shots are gorgeous, queenb! The one of your sister made me laugh out loud.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Those pics are beautiful, Queenb. I really love the rainbow.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2446543;
    Doxie, please post a lot of stuff about Charleston--I've only gone there once and need to go back, as I didn't see everything I wanted to there. Also, one of the few things that defeat me in the kitchen is I can't make good biscuits atall; how about saving me a couple and pitch them out the window when you pass Exit 19 on I-20, assuming you drove...
    queenb, the biscuits were awesome. We did drive, and we do have one biscuit left from the stash my aunt sent us home with.

However, since it has now been under the seat in the truck for 18 hours, I don't think it will be as tasty. So, how about I just get you the recipe when I get home?

I will also post plenty of information about Charleston and some pictures as well. I can even recommend a hotel!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

OK, I'm going to give this a go....

We just got back from a 2 week vacation. The first week we spent in the mountains (mostly Jasper area) and the second week was at a cabin on the lake (of which there are no pictures because no one was ever sober enough to operate a camera). I'll try posting a few pics of the mountains...

Some random mountain

The Columbia Icefield

Athabasca Falls

Jasper townsite from the top of the tramway

Me at the top of the tramway

Maligne Canyon

Maligne Canyon...partway down

At the bottom of Maligne Canyon!

Some wildlife...a bear!

We got pretty close to some wildlife!

Some more wildlife...sacked out in the back of the van!

Another random mountain

This was my third trip to Jasper...and I'll go back in a heartbeat. It was absolutely spectacular!
    Don't let the small things sweat

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Those pictures are fantastic! What a beautiful area. Sounds (and looks) like a really fun trip! Maligne Canyon looks to be totally breathtaking! I'm glad you had such a good time.

These are all really pretty pictures.

Here are some pictures of the Outer Banks, NC. The little kids are my brother and sister.
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread