+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Those are great pictures bbnbama. Really beautiful place. What I noticed about the picture with everyone eating outside is that it's cloudy. From my skiing days I remember that it was great and warm to sit outside iif the sun is shining, even if it's below freezing. But if it's cloudy the sun's not giving any warmth, so then I wouldn't sit outside. If it's sunny, I'm all for it!

Bama, those are some gorgeous pics! And personally I theink the snow suit looks just fine with that big smile. I'm glad you dragged this thread out again, because it's about time for the vacation Jones to kick in.

Roseskid,
    , I'm not wearing my reading glasses, and at first glance thought your AV was a Bald Eagle
    So be sure to tell Howard, he's been mistaken for a fierce predator, for once in his life.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2265788;
    Roseskid, [/B], I'm not wearing my reading glasses, and at first glance thought your AV was a Bald Eagle
    So be sure to tell Howard, he's been mistaken for a fierce predator, for once in his life.
    Talk about laugh-out-loud funny, you crack me up, Queenie. I suppose it's not everyday you see a dog wearing a black t-shirt.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Re: Vacation photos

I went to Washington State last week and had a blast even though it did rain a lot--we were prepared. I also took my sister with me--since I was sick I did need a caretaker with me--plus she needed a break too. It was really fun--I had not been to Washington before, and it was really neat because we were able to go on snow covered mountains, and to the beach (but not the swimming kind), and to the rain forest, all within a couple of hours drive of each other.

Here we are on Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park. We had to put on a couple of jackets--it was cold and actually snowing a bit up there!

This is me in the Hoh Rain Forest also in Olympic National Park. This was a very cool place to go; I almost expected to run into a dinosaur, or maybe Bigfoot.

This is my sister at the tidepools at Salt Creek on the North side of the Olympic Peninsula. Yep, she's as crazy as I am. There was a huge (about a foot across!) starfish clinging to the underside of those rocks, and she was trying to get it out so we could see it better. She got him about halfway off, but no more. I couldn't pry him off either. There were all kins of cool Sea anemones, Sea Cucumbers, fish, etc in the tidepools too. Still, I went around the rest of the afternoon singing to her..."I fought the star, and the star won".

We went up to Ucluelet BC and went fishing for Halibut and Salmon--we caught a bunch and had a good time; got 5 salmon, 6 halibut, and 1 ling cod. . Then we came back to WA and went to North Cascades National Park. We were kind of disappointed that it was raining again, but the weather actually that gave us some really neat views--I mean, how cool is this? It was raining, but the sun came out and made this rainbow (actually 2 rainboows!) down in the valley over this lake--just gorgeous!

Also I think this lake probably looks a lot cooler with all the mist and clouds.

OK, let's see some more vacation snaps everyone--'tis the season!

Great pics, gueenb! I've stood probably in the exact spot in your picture of Hurricane Ridge. I was there in August many years ago and it was freezing then too! My friends looked very windblown in the pictures! The Hoh Rain Forest is truly a beautiful and almost magical place.

I'm glad you and your sister had such a good time there....even with all the rain.

ETA: Wow, qb. Those last two pictures are stunning! What a beautiful place to spend your vacation.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

QueenB - Great Pictures! That shot of the rainbow is awesome. I'm sure that you enjoyed spending time with your sister too.

We are currently on vacation in Charleston, SC. We've been visiting with my family. We're leaving tomorrow (after my 89 year old great-aunt fixes breakfast for us - can't wait for that! She makes the BEST biscuits I have ever had) and then stopping in Atlanta to visit with friends.We've taken tons of pictures, and I will try to get some of them posted soon.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Beautiful pictures, queenb!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

You always have stunning pics QueenB. The lake with the mist and fog is mesmorizing.

Those last two are beautiful enough to be published, QueenB!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread