+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Salome, we got onto Italian trains directly after spending time in Germany and Switzerland - what a difference. I don't think they ever paint over a tag, and they just pile up.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Salome, we got onto Italian trains directly after spending time in Germany and Switzerland - what a difference. I don't think they ever paint over a tag, and they just pile up.
    Hepcat, "what a difference" is right. I also noticed that in the UK, Germany and Switzerland, passengers are very polite about lining up and boarding public transportation in an orderly fashion. In Italy and France, it's a mad, mosh pit-like rush to get on the damn bus/train, like they're evacuating the city ahead of a Godzilla attack.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat

This is a dumb question, but what's a "tag" ?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71
    This is a dumb question, but what's a "tag" ?
    The graffito you see on that train car. You also see them around town under bridges, on the sides of buildings, etc. A "tag" can be very complex and very personalized, often used as identification by the tagger, who will often leave the same tag as his/her calling card.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I finally have pictures from my vacation at the end of April beginning of May.

This is the North and South Windows in Arches National Park:

This is Landscape Arch in the Devil's Garden section of Arches. You used to be able to walk right under the arch but you can't anymore because a big chunk fell out in 1997:

This is part of Courthouse Wash in Arches:

This was kind of fun. It's an abandoned cowboy camp that is preserved in Canyonlands National Park (sorry the picture is a little funky):

Finally, this is at the bed and breakfast we stayed at the first few days we were in Moab. The deer hang out on the grounds all the time:

Cool pictures, Mariner. It's amazing, the power of nature, to create such landscapes. This was in Utah, right?

(It's never too late to post vacation photos)!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Too cool Mariner! I went to SW Utah a couple of years ago, but didn't have time to get over to Arches and Canyonlands. I went to Bryce Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef and Grand Staircase/Escalante. That whole area is like going to another planet, and it was amazing to me that there is such a variety of weirdness out there; all the national parks look totally different from one another. I know it was probably totally alien looking to you too, because your usual stomping grounds are pretty much all green, like mine.
    I'm also glad to see one of my favorite threads back on the front ( I think there are two threads with vacation pics!) and hope some of the rest of you will show us your vacations!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I just got back from Alaska...I was sort of antsy about this trip because I went up to visit with some folks I met up there last year and have continued to email with--but no worries, everything went GREAT!
    Here's my friend and I (I'm the big one) about to ride out on the floatplane to go fishing and bear viewing (I wasn't able to get pics of the bear we saw...he took off before I got my camera out).

This is the view from the plane just before we landed at the fishing area, far from civilization. No one lives on this side of Cook Inlet.

There were two little boats that went out into the fishin' hole. This is the other boat, which didn't stay too-too close to us.

After we came back from the float plane, we went out into Prince William Sound for three days on my friend's boat. Way out, about 60 miles from port, we came upon this buoy in the middle of miles of water, with these sea lions arguing over possession. These bulls were roaring and grunting, while the poor females and smaller boys swam around the buoy, S outta luck!

If anyone wants to see more, feel free to check it out athttp://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/janicepictures.funtigo.com and click on "alaska 2005"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Those are awesome queenb. Alaska is gorgeous. I especially love the Cook Inlet picture. I'm so glad you had a great time.

Btw, sorry I hadn't seen that you and ADK commented on my vacation pictures. Southern Utah is truly an alien world. I'd been to Boulder, Utah which is much closer to where you were for a different cousin's wedding two weeks after 9/11/01. Flying was a truly eerie experience, but it was also a fun time. I need to dig back through my old pictures and find the one of a shack not far from the resort where the wedding was that someone had painted "Freedom! Beer!" on as a protest of dry laws. All of Southern Utah is breathtaking to me in a completely alien way. Arches was much more accessible than Canyonlands. I'd definitely recommend it if you ever get a chance. If you have time and access to a four wheel drive, there are some remote areas of Canyonlands that are amazing.

Fantastic pictures! Mariner, I hadn't seen yours from Utah. It feels like an alien landscape, doesn't it? QueenB, how exciting to go to Alaska! I love that overhead shot from the plane. You look so stoked to be there.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread