+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Nice photos, Burnt. At least you'll have the memories
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Whoa, a penguin parade? I missed that. The climate should be perfect for them.
    OH, yes. God forbid we should go anywhere that doesn't have a zoo with penguins. How else do you think we ended up in San Francisco, London, New Orleans?

From what I understand, in good weather ("good weather" being subjective) once every day, the zookeepers release the penguins and let them walk unencumbered around the zoo grounds.

Outside Edinburgh you'd have to rent a car. William Wallace/Robert the Bruce sort of historical areas aren't too far off, near Stirling (which has an interesting castle).
    Coool. Since I saw Braveheart, it's been my dream to plant a bloody sword in the middle of a field, a la Mel Gibson as William Wallace...

[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VgAjYxwaYmAKxFiLxxKy4FeagxYew Ook!plW2BPiEPrjoKcEbnHgW7sAZgB AUhSZEgtrMTK23jfl8pooGeyoRvSlQ 43KkVFMEVssb9Th0Qlw*sF5MUepY!m 9swKfB4c4/IM000607.JPG?dc=46754925782822 56219[/IMG]

This is one from my vacation in Ashtabula OH... Is there a place i can go to learn how to add photos here, i am not sure this will work... i would love to learn to add them in thumbnails like ADKLove and others do.
    Last edited by blue jean baby; 10-10-2004 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    Coool. Since I saw Braveheart, it's been my dream to plant a bloody sword in the middle of a field, a la Mel Gibson as William Wallace...
    Well, there are ample fields, so if you can get that bloody sword through Customs, you'll be good to go.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

These are pictures on my vacation a few days ago, Most are at Lak Erie and Lake side park on Lake Erie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I've been to Glasgow, but not Edinburgh. From pictures I've seen online, it looks groovy. (I don't recommend Glasgow, by the way. My going to Glasgow is like a European coming to the US to see Detroit. No offense to all you people from Michigan.)

Most first-time visitors to London like to take a day-trip to Bath (can't knock that--I did my study-abroad there), but I don't know anywhere outside of Edinburgh that's a draw. Any recommendations?

Part of the reason we're narrowing in on Edinburgh is because J. is thrilled by the idea of the daily "Penguin Parade" at the Edinburgh Zoo. :rolleyes
    I am really jealous that you get to see the penguin parade, when I was in Edinburgh we just did not have time. When I was in Scotland I went to Inverness, in the highlands. It was a really fun trip. We took a trip down the River Ness were the Loch Ness monster lives, very interesting. The high lands were just gorgeous! There is a lot of history to the highlands as well. I spent about 6 weeks in Europe and traveled to over 7 countries and Scotland was one of my favorite places on the whole trip. Have fun while you are there!

Last weekend I went up to Buffalo and visted Niagara Falls & the Butterfly Conservatory and here are some of the pictures I took while there:

And some more:

And a little more:

And finally:

+ Reply to Thread