+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Isn't Scotland where you ran across those cute little cows, Lucy??
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

It is indeed, Texie.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Reason? Because I haven't been to Sydney or Seville, but I have been to Edinburgh.
    I've been to Glasgow, but not Edinburgh. From pictures I've seen online, it looks groovy. (I don't recommend Glasgow, by the way. My going to Glasgow is like a European coming to the US to see Detroit. No offense to all you people from Michigan.)

The other two might be awesome. They probably are. I'd like to go there myself. But Edinburgh is a neat, small city with lots of history. Plus the countryside is gorgeous, and there are lots of interesting places to go in Scotland that aren't that far from Edinburgh.
    Most first-time visitors to London like to take a day-trip to Bath (can't knock that--I did my study-abroad there), but I don't know anywhere outside of Edinburgh that's a draw. Any recommendations?

Part of the reason we're narrowing in on Edinburgh is because J. is thrilled by the idea of the daily "Penguin Parade" at the Edinburgh Zoo. :rolleyes

Of course, if you were looking for sunshine, Seville might be your better bet.
    No doubt. For chasing the sun, though, I would probably take J. home to California--San Diego, Sea World and Catalina Island. It would be less of a hit on my wallet.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    (I don't recommend Glasgow, by the way. My going to Glasgow is like a European coming to the US to see Detroit. No offense to all you people from Michigan.)
    Ahem... :phhht
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar

Concan, TX

Hey all! This past weekend my friends and I rented a cabin for the weekend in Concan, TX. I was not expecting much from the place (it is Concan afterall ), but I was pleasantly suprised! Here are a few pics...

The last picture has been deemed "the crack of nature."

Oh my god, The Crack of Nature! I would have made off with that boulder
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    I've been to Glasgow, but not Edinburgh. From pictures I've seen online, it looks groovy. (I don't recommend Glasgow, by the way. My going to Glasgow is like a European coming to the US to see Detroit. No offense to all you people from Michigan.)

Most first-time visitors to London like to take a day-trip to Bath (can't knock that--I did my study-abroad there), but I don't know anywhere outside of Edinburgh that's a draw. Any recommendations?

Part of the reason we're narrowing in on Edinburgh is because J. is thrilled by the idea of the daily "Penguin Parade" at the Edinburgh Zoo. :rolleyes
    Well, I'll admit Glasgow is rather lacking in the usual touristy draws, but it did have some gorgeous neighborhoods.
    Whoa, a penguin parade? I missed that. The climate should be perfect for them.
    Outside Edinburgh you'd have to rent a car. William Wallace/Robert the Bruce sort of historical areas aren't too far off, near Stirling (which has an interesting castle). We didn't get very far north -- we brushed the Southern Highlands, though, and it was very majestic countryside. We'd have loved to drive further up into the Highlands. Edinburgh also isn't too far north of the English border -- you could go down and spend a day or two in the Lake District.
    I'll think of some more recommendations and PM them to you.

Nice crack, Burnt!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Texicana
    Oh my god, The Crack of Nature! I would have made off with that boulder
    Yeah, it would be gracing my garden, if I had one.
    Other than that one, that's a gorgeous place, Burntcrow.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Thanks all! I never once thought of taking the rock home with me.

+ Reply to Thread