+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Vacation photos

Oh Queenb, it's so beautiful. You look so relaxed in that picture. You must have been enjoying yourself. What part of Alaska did you get to see? That's Paulie's home state. Maybe you got a picture of his parent's backyard.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fogey
    Wow, Queenb, those are positively breathtaking!

QueenB! I'd wondered where you were. Those are great pictures! I have always wanted to visit Alaska. Now I'm just even more tempted. I hope you had a great time.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    Oh Queenb, it's so beautiful. You look so relaxed in that picture. You must have been enjoying yourself. What part of Alaska did you get to see? That's Paulie's home state. Maybe you got a picture of his parent's backyard.
    I went North of Anchorage to Dnali NP and the Mat-Su valley, then went south on the Kenai Peninsula to Seward and Homer. I think Paulie is from Homer, which is just the absolutely coolest place! I might even have that shot of the backyard, because I took a ton of pics from up on the hills overlooking the town ! It looks really neat because there is a 5- mile long narrow 'spit' of land running out into the bay, which has all kinds of little beach type shops (mostly closed after labor day tho), restaurants, fishing boats, etc. Too bad they have that 'winter' thing up there or I might not have come back--seriously!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

oh, queenb - you just took my dream vacation. I must go to Alaska someday. I'm so envious. It looks just glorious. Thank you thank you thank you for sharing.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

These weren't *vacation* pictures, but... just a couple of my fave NYC pictures. Seeing as how I was only out there for two years and my *touristy* enjoyment was cut short in fall/Christmas 2001, I experienced all that NYC had to offer over the holidays in 2002/2003.

A couple here... Brooklyn Bridge taken from a Circle Line tour when my girlfriends were out, one at the stroke of midnight on New Year's 2003, and one of the lobby design at the Empire State Building. I think I might have shrunk these down too much, but the originals were too big to upload.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Those are beautiful shots, B!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

queenb, those pictures are amazing. I'm glad you had a great trip! I have always wanted to go to Alaska.

Like Johnny Cash, "I've been everywhere, man." (Well, at least it feels that way this past year.)

It's been a busy year for travel. I took five major trips this year. I went to lots and lots of bars and did lots and lots of drinking.

1. January 2004 - London calling.
    2. May 2004 - Back home in San Jose for a college buddy's wedding. This is my alma mater, San Jose State University.
    3. May 2004 - New Orleans's voodoo magic spell.
    4. May 2004 - Boston for my brother's graduation from Hah-vid.
    5. July 2004 - Chattanooga

And, no, I don't usually travel this much. 2004 was a fluke. To this day, I'm not sure how I managed to do it all, but I'll tell you one thing: American Airlines gate agents glance at my frequent flier miles and greet me by name now.

We're thinking about Sydney, Seville, or Edinburgh for our next trip in January. Or Nashville, if those other trips don't get paid off first.

(P.S. I hate Dallas Fort-Worth International. If there is a hell, I will spend eternity in DFW.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phat32; 10-02-2004 at 11:03 AM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by phat32

(P.S. I hate Dallas Fort-Worth International. If there is a hell, I will spend eternity in DFW.)
    Ok, surely you didn't fly in to Logan when you went to Boston then. Because I have always considered it the ninth level of hell. If you have been to Logan and still deem DFW as the worst, then I must assume that Boston is merely the Malebolge.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread