+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you love the place you live?

FORT Fanatic

Why do you love the place you live?

We all need a chance to give our countries/states/cities a big shout out! Where is everyone from, and what is great about where you live? (Please include whether there are ticks and fleas where you live, just because I am curious.)

I love where I live because the cost of living is reasonable & there are a lot of things to do around here. and the weather is pretty decent most of the time, although it does get hot in the summer. That's better than sub-zero winters though, IMO!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I like where I live okay. I live in the middle of nowhere, and 2 miles from Lake Michigan, where I race sailboats. But Florida was nice, too when I was there for a year and a half (we just moved back in August).

Great thread idea Jill.

I live in beautiful Topeka KS, the state capital. Rolling hills, big lakes, plentiful trees & a river runs through it. We're blessed with all four seasons in all their glory, none too extreme. Very low crime rate & violence is practically nonexistent. Affordable housing & plentiful jobs. Good child care & schools. Small enough city to have a community feel yet big enough to have anything you need. Plus, it's within an hour's drive from Kansas City, Lawrence (home of KU Jayhawks basketball) & Manhattan (K-State Wildcats football). Kansas gets a bad rap nationally but our little corner of the state is great. (Yes, we're up to date & everything.) One of America's best kept secrets, thankfully no tourists.

i don't really love the place i live, per se.... but i like it alright. i'm a native texan. native to dallas, actually. i used to like dallas a lot more, but recently it has seemed to pick up that smell that big cities have and that brown haze that settles over cities. yeah, there's a lot to do here and you can find pretty much anything you are looking for, as long as what you are looking for has NOTHING to do with mountains.

we have lots of ticks and fleas. (you did ask that, right?)

we have a ton of traffic and construction and did i mention traffic? also, every street corner has someone holding a sign begging for money.

if i had to say what i loved about dallas, i would have to say... i love the nightlife. i love to boogie! (just kidding) but the nightlife is great, as is the local music scene. the salaries are pretty good here, too. you can always find a concert or a play or a museum or art gallery and you can find every big chain restaurant as well as tiny bistros and trendy, indie eateries.

however, if given the opportunity, i would move away to colorado... and am quite eager and enthusiastic do to so. i am beginning to get that feeling of how nice it would be to wake up to clean skies and beautiful scenery instead of skyscrapers and smog.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I love where Paulie and Wayner live...does that count?
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You bet it does, Bravo! You and Sher come on out here right now! And the rest of you, too!

Why do I love Colorado? 300 days of sunshine every year, baby.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

it is absolutely beautiful there, paulie...
    get me a job and i'm on my way!

FORT Fanatic
    Colorado is nice - no ticks and fleas! I'm there!

John, are there ticks in Michigan?
    (I warned you all I was curious )

PS Sher, if you don't like smog, Denver is not the place for you!

I am from Jersey born and bred. Okay the insurance, taxes and real estate prices are way too high but it is the only place I know. I have travelled just about all over the U.S. and although I found something nice about every single State I have visited, I still say "there's no place like home". Now close your eyes and click your heels....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast