+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you love the place you live?

I love Seattle, but please don't move here. That's our been our city's mantra for about the last 10 years or so. It hasn't worked though. We have some of the worst traffic in the country now. I still can't imagine moving anywhere else though. One of the best things about Seattle is that you are never more than an hour or two away from anything you would like to do. We have everything from huge mountains to salt and freshwater beaches. We have world class nightlife, restaurants, museums and cultural events. Shhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone, we don't want them to move here.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

*on my way to seattle!*

As long as you'll carpool with me Sher, we would love to have you.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Fanatic
    I used to live in Seattle! I moved BECAUSE of the traffic, lol. You're right, it is never-ending.

By the way, also spread the word that there is nothing going on in Alaska, it's an ugly, horrible state. There is nothing to do and even if there was, it would be too expensive. There are millions of mean, nasty wild animals waiting to make a meal out of a yummy human. Women, there are no men here. Men, there are no women. Stay in the lower 48!

Brunei Darussalam is a beautiful country but there's absolutely nothing to do here! We do have our shopping centres and an amusement park but frankly, they're nothing compared to those in other countries. Brunei should appeal to nature lovers though. Nearly 80% of the country is covered in tropical rainforest. You can spend a few nights in a "chalet" in Kuala Belalong, which is in the heart of the rainforest where (I think) you can go boating and walk along nature trails. You can also visit Kampong Ayer, which is sometimes referred to as the 'Venice of the East'. Around 5000-7000 families live there, on house built on stilts. You can also try a great fruit here, the durian. Some people think it smells like garlic, but most of the people here love it.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well I guess where I live does have some good things about it.

Northern Virginia (DC metro area)
    - strong economy and jobs
    - beautiful Autumn
    - not highly prone to natural disasters (though we have the occassional tornado--but not like Tornado alley)
    - 1 hour from mountains (albeit the Shenandoahs)
    - 2 hours from beaches and ocean
    - 4 hours to NY
    - You can find free concerts and fun things to do ALL the time downtown DC
    - Museums, monuments, zoo, etc... are all free
    - great public schools in my county
    - tons of private schools to choose from

(I'll focus on the good things, and won't bore you with the bad parts )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Whoops. I think I went slighty off-topic in my last post.

Originally posted by tash
    Whoops. I think I went slighty off-topic in my last post.
    I didn't even realize Brunei was on the South China Sea until I read your post & Googled for more info. Thanks for the education.

tash, i think you were right on track.

i remember when smash, my friend, lived there, the only complaints she had (being from the states) is that she always had to be covered. for instance, her shoulders, the tops of her arms and her knees (and the bottoms of her feet) could never be seen in public. that's hard for a girl that spent much of her time in cropped tops and short shirts in texas.

also, she said it would get very hot and humid at times. and when a texan complains of the heat and humidity, you KNOW it's bad.

however, she did love the fact that it was a tropical rain forest and she often sent me pictures and it appeared to be most lovely there.

- 4 hours to NY
    Bravo- that's a definite plus

I think NY(C) is great. I don't love love love it all the time, though. It's incredibly crowded, ESPECIALLY around the hoidays, and has a relatively high crime rate. I think the city rather pretty, though (Central Park, etc) and has lots of entertanment prospects (theater, concerts, anything you can imagine ). Plus, lots of good schools (colleges) in the area.

When I graduate, I'm moving to a suburb.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast