+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do you love the place you live?

My husband mentioned moving to Colorado not long ago

I've always loved it too, but I love where I am now.

Fleas Yes, Ticks yes.

Like Jodaar we get all the seasons here. I truly love that and think I would hate to have to drive/fly somewhere to experience the beauty of Autumn.

My house is far off the road. The driveway is through the woods, so no one can see the house by just driving by. I can sit on the porch in my robe and drink coffee. The kids can play outside with the dog and I have no worries.

The only thing I miss from the city is the diversity. People at school think my one son is SO COOL because his name is Pablo, and it is a name they don't here that often ... at least they think it's cool right?

We had 7 deer in our front yard yesterday.

We see Hawks and Turkey Vultures every day.

We had a bear in the yard a few years back (during the drought)
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    cali, where are you? can you tell us? Or is 'cali' short for 'california'?

Why do I like where I live?

Well, basically because that is where all my stuff is...

But seriously, I love Portland because it secretly doesn't rain nearly as much as Seattle, it has a remarkable downtown area for restaurants and art, I can golf year around, I can ski an hour away year around, I can go to the coast an hour the other way, and I am surrounded by trees and relatively clean air and water everyday.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by Jill
    PS Sher, if you don't like smog, Denver is not the place for you!
    Very true. You visit Denver, though. That's what it's there for. You live somewhere else, like anywhere in northern Colorado, f'rinstance.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I was born in Durango, Colorado. If there was a job for hubby there; I would love to move back. It is beautiful.

I have lived in the Dallas area most of my life. I love the little town I grew up in even though it is much more crowded now. Seems everyone loves it now too. It is just far enough away from the city and not too far out into the country. Have you ever been to Rockwall, Texas? We are trying to find a nice house there that will not keep us in slavery for the rest of our lives. My mother's family were all born and raised there. Plenty of babysitters. Woohoo!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Jill, I think there may be ticks. I really have no idea. And our dog doesn't get fleas, but that may not mean anything.

The only bad thing about west Michigan is the lake-effect snow. Whatever it is, we get 3 times as much as the rest of the state. That, and avoiding deer during the late fall season. On the bright side, I like to hike and CC ski, and there are woods everywhere with trails. And I like to golf, and there are a ton of great courses near me.

There's no night life at all, but that's okay with me.

Virginia, Jill! Sorry about that.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

yeah, i've visited denver on multiple occasions, as that's where i had to fly in and out... but i loved colorado springs....

FORT Fanatic
    Originally posted by Paulie
    Very true. You visit Denver, though. That's what it's there for. You live somewhere else
    Too true!

Hmmmm "love" might not be exactly how I feel about living in Orlando, but I do LIKE it. It's a big city, but not a big city at the same time, still plenty of small town charm if you know where to look for it. There's a nightlife if you want it, plenty of theme park stuff to do, plenty of shopping, great weather most of the year (sorry the peak of summer kills it for me with the boiling temps), traffic isn't usually TOO horrible, and there's a beach on either side of you within an hour of so travelling. One of the only problems is having to be constant host for all the visiting relatives and if they come too close together you get really really sick of dragging them around....a couple of trips to the parks/tourist spots a year is ok, but more than that will make me insane.

Anyways...as for the tick and flea thing...yup they be here for sure. I've never seen my pets with ticks, but I know they are out there...and unfortunately in the summer it usually takes the good flea stuff from the vet to keep things under control.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast