+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TV Show Drinking Games

TV Show Drinking Games

OK, the classic is "Hi, Bob" from the Newhart show. If you aren't familiar, people on the show said "Hi, Bob" a lot and some viewers made a game out of it, where every time someone said "Hi, Bob," you took a drink (of beer or whatever you're into). People playing the game (usually college students) would repeat "Hi, Bob" whenever they heard it, then take a drink.

I've adapted that game to some current shows, and thought it might be fun to see if others are doing the same thing, or just get some new ideas even if you haven't thought of it until now. I usually don't actually drink when these shows are on, but just get some amusement out of finding words/phrases that get repeated a lot and seeing which shows would make good drinking games. It is fun, though, if you're with a group of people to give it a try, even if you're just drinking Pepsi.

Here are my top three:

3. Survivor - "Alliance" This word is obviously used a lot on the show.

2(a). The Bachelor - "Connection" This word is repeated a lot on the show, but not as much as...

2(b). The Bachelor - "Amazing" Bachelor Bob almost turned me into an alcoholic by saying this word over and over and over. It was truly an amazing experience. Other Bachelors and Bachelorettes say it a lot, too. If you haven't noticed, you'll be amazed the next time you watch the show.

1. The champion, never to be dethroned...Househunters (on HGTV) - "Nice" This show is about people looking at homes with a real estate agent, and it seems that every other word is "nice." "This is a nice home, and the location is very nice. Ooh, that floor is nice! Yes, it sure is nice, etc., etc." If you actually had a drink every time you heard the word "nice," you'd be passed out long before the show was over!

What else have you got?!?

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    We do the bachelor game like you mentioned. Certain words like amazing, connection, journey, incredible, etc. The bachelor series is really the only show I watch with a bunch of other people.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

My friends and I tried this game with the word alliance on Big Brother... we had to stop after a half hour!
    "I'm very tired of thinking. It doesn't seem to help very much."
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

How about drinking everytime you hear the word "hurry" in the Amazing Race? I guess you need to think of a word that's said often but not too often, else it defeats the purpose of the game (which is drinking but staying conscious at the same time).
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    We do the bachelor game like you mentioned. Certain words like amazing, connection, journey, incredible, etc. The bachelor series is really the only show I watch with a bunch of other people.
    I *so* knew that Bama would post in this thread...

WHY are you drinking during House Hunters??
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    WHY are you drinking during House Hunters??
    The question is, why aren't you?

The O.C. has one where everytime the character Ryan turns his head to the side and gives his infamous look you take a drink. There is more from that show but I am not sure of all of them.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Stupid trivia that relates to this thread...Waaaaay back (probably in the 1950's) there was a kids show called Engineer Bill. Every time he said "Green light" the kids at home were supposed to start drinking milk...and "Red Light" you stopped. We had kids guzzling milk and parents guzzling beer at my house. Creeps me out to even think of the drunks that lived at my house combined with Engineer Bill.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    take a drink int he amazing race when:
    1. Phil raises his left eyebrow
    2. When someone says "that B*****d! THEY TOOK THE LEAD!!!"
    3. When someone says a word that involves "eliminate"

take a drink in Fear Factor when...
    1. When a girl screams or sobs
    2. When a guy goes "It's okay baby..." (couples fear factor)
    3. When Joe Roghan says "dude"

TV drinking games that vary from this one? I'd take the "Questions only" game from "Whose Line Is It Anyway?".
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by AR Boy
    TV drinking games that vary from this one? I'd take the "Questions only" game from "Whose Line Is It Anyway?".
    I'm leaning toward "South Park". Of course they can only kill Kenny once an episode (oops! did I let that slip out?), but several other phrases could be used. I'm getting buzzed just thinking about it.

eta: I used my 1,000th post to get buzzed. Here's to a new beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast