+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I need help!!!!!!

Trust me Clara your not missing much basically it is become a genetic breakdown of the subhuman culture.

wow, I missed this thread earlier...guess I thought it was the crock pot thread.

So Clara, now I'm curious....have you been back? I understand the obsessed feeling, been there done that and realised, not everyone likes me in real life so why would I expect everyone to like me online. but it's still hard becuase online people who don't like you tend to be very vocal about it.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

FORT Fanatic
    Bill, you rock! As do many others who post on the FORT.

CB, I once joined a message group about my profession, thinking that it would be really fun to hear from others who were in the same, rather rare, field. It was horrible. Lots of nitpicking about stuff that didn't matter, and bad feelings abounded - and I saw all that without even posting! I posted once and got back a message from someone saying I was too new to post. Someone also sent me a bunch of archived posts to show me that my opinion was wrong. Heck, I've been in this field (we'll call it public safety, that's pretty accurate) for 10 years and my opinion is as valid as anyone else's, in a message board situation anyway. So, I told them that, but then I bailed on the group. I don't need that kind of discussion. Bah.

I started lurking at the FORT to get more info on TAR, but when I saw how FORTers were so welcoming to newcomers, I decided to join. Life is WAY too short to have to "earn" my right to post on a board :rolleyes Bill is right, it's just a way some folks make themselves feel "big." I like the intelligent conversations here, as well as the very respectful way FORTers conduct themselves regarding differences of opinion. Yay, FORT!

I really hate boards that are rude to newcomers.
    Even the regulars at said boards were new at one time.
    I think it's a ridiculous attitude.
    You're right Jill, even opinions you don't agree with are still valid.

I hate it when people state their opinion as fact.
    All are welcome here so hopefully anyone reading the messages, wondering whether to register here will feel that we can offer the friendly atmosphere they would like.
    "That's Numberwang!"

In answer to your question, no I have not been back but I still read every day, each day I spend less and less time reading, it is getting that I am coming here more and spending less time reading over there. I have not posted even though at times I am so tempted but I restrain myself and feel good about myself that I do. The people (and I use that term loosely) on that board are just vicious and mean to everyone. It wasn't just me, but I took it far more personally and like someone said, it was hard for me to just walk away and not try to defend myself. I am happier and healthier spending my computer time at the FORT and every day I come here more and more so I must be doing good. I know it will take some time but I am working very hard at it and all your advice and words is helping me through it.

clara. i'm so glad you are finding some peace.

Originally posted by fluff
    I hate it when people state their opinion as fact.
    In my opinion, you are exactly right fluff...

oh wait... can't post opinion as fact... but you are right... but then I contradict... oh gosh... now I am stuck in a loop!

arrgghghghhh...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by Jill
    CB, I once joined a message group about my profession, thinking that it would be really fun to hear from others who were in the same, rather rare, field. It was horrible. Lots of nitpicking about stuff that didn't matter, and bad feelings abounded - and I saw all that without even posting! I posted once and got back a message from someone saying I was too new to post. Someone also sent me a bunch of archived posts to show me that my opinion was wrong. Heck, I've been in this field (we'll call it public safety, that's pretty accurate) for 10 years and my opinion is as valid as anyone else's, in a message board situation anyway. So, I told them that, but then I bailed on the group. I don't need that kind of discussion. Bah.
    What is it that you do, Jill? I don't mean to be nosy, but your vagueness (is that even a word?) makes all the more intriguing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234