+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help!!!!!!

I still remember the day CB came here. She posted about 50 messages in different threads and forums, and then posted one that said "am I talking too much?" I thought that was hilarious.

You guys are great! I will keep you up to date on my "recovery" and I have to let you all know that last night I lurked and received an email from one of those people which I read and then deleted without responding. This morning I lurked again and guess what...not so interesting anymore. You guys are right. Every day it will be less and less of interest to me until one day I just won't bother. I love the FORT and just adore you guys! When the chips are down it is great to know there is so much support and positive thoughts coming my away on this! Thank you.

FORT Newbie
    I know I am new here. But I look at it this way. It is alot like being in a relationship that ends and you did not want it to. At first you feel like a part of you is dying if you cannot see or talk to the person. Everyone always tells you that it will get better. But it is hard to believe when your insides are twisted in knots. But then as each day goes by that you do not act on going back it does get easier. It still hurts but it gets easier. The pain takes along time to go away depending on how much you enjoyed or how close you felt to the person or the board in this case. Just try to stay away as best as you can. If you slipe up and go there do not look at it as failing. Just next time try to go longer with out going back.... From the looks of this place you have alot of support. Never be afraid to ask for it. Everyone needs it sometimes in there life. Wolf

Thanks Wolf, your words help alot! And welcome to the FORT a group of really warm and wonderful people are here. Have fun, make lots of friends!

ClaraBella,

I can hardly add anything to the impressive advice you have already received, but I'll just say that my philosophy on message boards is that some people seem unable to control the feelings of power they get when banding together as a clic in an unaccountable environment such as anonymous posting.

That's not a poor reflection on you... it is an indictment of them.

All you have to do is to decide if what you yourself posted there, and if the way you conducted yourself, are in a manner you can look in the mirror and be satisfied with or even, dare I say, proud of.

FWIW, it appears to me that you undoubtedly have nothing to apologize for, and those who resort to flaming you are the ones who have lost your participation... something that will be a larger impact on them than their petty comments will be to you.

Besides, we luck out, because now you are here!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Thank you so much and I think that this is appropriate right about now!

Very well said Bill! Just play with us more!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

There is some great advice in this thread.
    I hope the fact that the posters here have taken to you so quickly will be all the proof you need that you are a lovely lady Clara.

I think it's all too natural to want to defend yourself when attacked, but sometimes you are fighting a losing battle against a clique of posters with a collective I.Q. in the low 20's and so little self esteem they can only make themselves feel important by belittling others.

Please remember that for every poster at the other site that is mean to you there are a dozen here that think you're great
    Last edited by fluff; 01-03-2003 at 10:42 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

ClaraBelle, I don't think you are the one that's at fault, so you don't actually need to blame yourself too much.

Something about similar happened to me in the past where my friend would tell me to read her blog and I realised all her enteries are mean stuff about my other friends and sometimes me too. I was often incensed and would go back to my own blog and try to slam back. I understand the feeling of not wanting to let go and to go back and keep reading, like an addiction or something . Just to make sure nothing bad was spoken about me. I just made myself stop one day, remove all the addresses from history and favorites and stuff. Since then I have not returned to her blog once.

And I told myself it wasn't my fault, just like it wasn't your fault that these ppl are so mean. From your posts, we can see that you are a very nice and likeable person, so don't worry too much. Good to know that the incident isn't bothering you so much anymore.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

I do feel better, raindance and every day it gets better. I look forward to the final day that I am not compelled to go there to lurk which is the stage I am at right now because believe it or not they are STILL bashing me and I have been gone for days from there. But every day it becomes less and less important to me so I must be doing something right. Hopefully.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast