+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

At this point, it's a trend/fad. I've been eyeing some sunblock for months at one of my favorite stores. Being the person that i am, i always inspect because i know that i can't always trust others(general) to do what's right.
    I swear, sometimes i even surprise myself. I was looking forward to the lotion until i noticed that it was expired. 30 spf means nothing if it was stopped being good 2 years ago. This store still put it up for more then 6 dollars. I'm quite annoyed at that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I hope you brought it to their attention. Maybe they don't know sunblock has an expiration date.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Uh....yeah.....riiight.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2442483;
    Oh, you've jinxed it now. They will be the next "new" thing.

Is there anything more uncomfortable than that strap under your foot?
    Yes. Having your pants ride down and having to pull them up constantly because your stirrup pants shrunk in the dryer! Then you add the foot strap to that and you have bad day waiting to happen!

I loved that scene in Gilmore Girls! I was laughing so hard because it sounded like something my grandma would have said!

While I'm here, I'll add that I hate, hate, hate to see a girl wearing a dressy dress with flip-flops. They are cute with summery skirts, but I've been seeing a lot of church/wedding style dresses paired with flip-flops and I hate it. It looks so sloppy and tasteless.

Unfortunately I think the flipflops are here to stay. I don't think young girls distinguish between them and sandals. We didn't allow them in school for safety reasons and it was an uphill battle. That said, I wear them all the time, but not with dressy dresses or to work.
    Count your blessings!

Exactly, Shay. I inspected a few bottles(more then 5). They've been expired for 2 years now, i was able to read it even though the exp numbers had been slightly smudged off(by them, i have no doubt). I don't think it was coppertone that sold it to them after the fact. Im not surprised though, companies have their eyes on the dollar signs even if it comes at the expense of the consumer.
    Sunblock ins't effective when expired. Lucky for me i found a special this week at the pharmacy.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2443370;
    Unfortunately I think the flipflops are here to stay. I don't think young girls distinguish between them and sandals.
    Just don't call them thongs . I'm not that old and still remember when we used to call them that, but the other day at work, I was talking about how we were making "thongs" for a project and they were all shocked until I explained what I meant!

As for a current fad, one that's been mentioned many a times is the really really really baggy jean fad. I don't mind a bit of hang on a guy's jeans, but I'd like something left to the imagination please!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2443669;
    Just don't call them thongs .
    Yes, we've had that mix-up, too. Heck I remember wearing RUBBERS (over my shoes) to school on rainy days.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to see tube tops banished from the face of the earth. Talk about skanky-looking!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

With that, banish the accompanying tan lines that are seen with those tops. I don't find them remotely appealing.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

+ Reply to Thread