+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 238 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2424761;

And has the whole fad of wearing leggings died yet? My sister and I went to go get our hair done at a salon a few months ago. It was a student salon for Aveda, and about 3/4 of the female students were wearing them. Have people realized how stupid that looks yet? I'm looking at you, Lindsey Lohan...

I was over this look the minute it started, the same with the boots over jeans look. It's just super lame.

Is big kids in strollers a new thing? And i mean 4-5 yr olds.

eta: also, please no more blue eye shadow.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I Is Stephanie

Like, neon blue? Or blue in general?

Because I have this silvery blue eye shadow that I use, it's probably one of two colors (the other being beige) that I can wear.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2425072;
    Is big kids in strollers a new thing? And i mean 4-5 yr olds.
    Usually, those larger strollers are for older children who have some kind of physical disability. It's virtually impossible to strap an able-bodied 4-year-old into a stroller - at that point they're too big to wrestle down and then strap them in.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2425049;
    You don't want to go camping and be mistaken for a bear, do you?

I joke with my hubby in the winter time that it's going to take a chain saw to mow down my forest. Nah, really, I do shave often, but I hate it. It sucks being a girl.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2425564;
    I joke with my hubby in the winter time that it's going to take a chain saw to mow down my forest. Nah, really, I do shave often, but I hate it. It sucks being a girl.
    get the Intuition razor. I HATED shaving until I got that. It has the soap and razor all in one, so you don't have to lather, just shave. Cuts out one step and it glides easily. I adore mine and have convinced several friends and my daughter to get one. I could actually use it every day its so easy.

Shorts have motivated me to shave my legs. I'm telling you moving to a climate that required socks,shoes and long pants from Oct. to March, I didn't paint my toenails or shave my legs. It was a great vacation! Normally I'm not so lax on the hygiene, but dang, I wasn't seeing my feet or legs, so ...........
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2425564;
    Funny! I always say that it's time to get out the weed whacker.

Pointy toed shoes - they look so long on the feet because that part of the shoe is empty. The toes end in the way-back where the shoe is wider.
    On What Not To Wear, Stacy and Clinton were always saying it gives the leg a longer, leaner look to have them showing under your pants. I say it makes you look like Bigfoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2425049;
    Hmm . . . I wonder if I could get a pair of pointy-toe work boots . . . The older I get, the harder it is to climb fences, and that might be just the ticket
    O.K., but remember, we've already nixed heels with swimsuits, so no Speedo
    Last edited by cricketeen; 05-31-2007 at 10:53 AM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2425819;
    Pointy toed shoes - they look so long on the feet because that part of the shoe is empty. The toes end in the way-back where the shoe is wider.
    On What Not To Wear, Stacy and Clinton were always saying it gives the leg a longer, leaner look to have them showing under your pants. I say it makes you look like Bigfoot.
    Not to forget that they are also uncomfortable. Feet are not pointy!

On the UK version of What not to wear Trinny and Susannah also always say that you should wear long trousers as it makes your leg look longer. True, perhaps, but it also makes the end of the pant drop to the floor (unless you're in heels all the time, but is everyone?) It's hell tryiong to find pants, they're all long, plus if you have a normal shaped woman (meaning a bit of a booty and a smaller waist) the pants will be way too big around the waist. When are they going to learn that weäre not squares with really long legs?! (I don't know which fad this is, I just stumbled upon a rant in m head)

Otherwise, I really like Trinny and Susannah, just not that pant tip.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2425675;
    get the Intuition razor. I HATED shaving until I got that. It has the soap and razor all in one, so you don't have to lather, just shave. Cuts out one step and it glides easily. I adore mine and have convinced several friends and my daughter to get one. I could actually use it every day its so easy.

Oooh! I'll have to buy one of those! Anything to make it easier! Last night I used that Veet. Let me tell you...I won't be doing that again. It leaves a film on your hands that even a body scrub wouldn't take off... I'll bet I washed my hands 15 times before I got most of it off.

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale;2425837;
    Not to forget that they are also uncomfortable. Feet are not pointy!

On the UK version of What not to wear Trinny and Susannah also always say that you should wear long trousers as it makes your leg look longer. True, perhaps, but it also makes the end of the pant drop to the floor (unless you're in heels all the time, but is everyone?) It's hell tryiong to find pants, they're all long, plus if you have a normal shaped woman (meaning a bit of a booty and a smaller waist) the pants will be way too big around the waist. When are they going to learn that weäre not squares with really long legs?! (I don't know which fad this is, I just stumbled upon a rant in m head)

Otherwise, I really like Trinny and Susannah, just not that pant tip.
    You hear that all the time - the flip side being that "cropped" pants make your leg look short. I'll take cropped over the regular length that pants come in these days. I have to buy petite to get my inseam and I never used to have to do that. I haven't shrunk! It's because they make them so darn long to have a few folds on the bottom, which I think looks sloppy.

I have to admit I'm more about comfort than fashion, though. And I'm never wearing leggings/long sweater/ballet flats again.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I really dislike pants that have P I N K printed on the "seat" of the pants. It looks totally ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread