+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 238 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2424887;
    Conversely I am not a fan of heels, either to wear or to look at, and I don't care for the way a lot of women (though not all) walk in them (kind of mincing and tottery). And I really hate heels with jeans. Though not as much as I hate heel with shorts. Or bathing suits *shudder*. Sadly, this is a fad that will likely never die off .
    No, I agree - heels with shorts and bathing suits is a very big no-no, in my opinion! I don't even like heels with capris very much. I've seen a few outfits where it looks good, but I prefer dressy sandals or open-toe low-heeled mules. However, I love heels with jeans! But I have to wear a lot of dresses and dressier outfits to work, and so I wear a lot of heels. I like them, overall, though I agree that if a woman doesn't know how to properly walk in them, it's best to opt for lower heels or something flat-soled. I like a squared toe better than those super-long pointy-toed heels, though. I really don't like those.

MRD

[QUOTE=remote_goddess;2424928;]No, I agree - heels with shorts and bathing suits is a very big no-no, in my opinion! I don't even like heels with capris very much. I've seen a few outfits where it looks good, but I prefer dressy sandals or open-toe low-heeled mules. However, I love heels with jeans! But I have to wear a lot of dresses and dressier outfits to work, and so I wear a lot of heels. I like them, overall, though I agree that if a woman doesn't know how to properly walk in them, it's best to opt for lower heels or something flat-soled. I like a squared toe better than those super-long pointy-toed heels, though. I really don't like those.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the elf shoes. I hate seeing a woman with those shoes that she has worn to the point where the point has started to curl up like an elf's shoe and it doesn't even touch the floor.

I am hating the wedges/espadrille type shoes with shorts. Wearing shorts, wear sandals or sneaks, not wedges or heels.

I had to about the mincing walk some women do in heels. I laugh everytime I drop my daughter off for work at the mall as I ALWAYS see someone either mincing or tottering on heels. If you don't know how to walk in them, don't wear them.

I happen to like the ballerina flats though. Not the leggings.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2424928;
    I like a squared toe better than those super-long pointy-toed heels, though. I really don't like those.
    The first time I saw a pair of those, one word came to mind - Yikes! They are one of the few things that I can't understand anyone finding attractive (along with flared bottom clam diggers, pants with big words on the butt and colour block jackets). And yet, for whatever hideous thing can be created, there is an appreciative purchaser *I love Crocs *
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2424986;
    The first time I saw a pair of those, one word came to mind - Yikes!
    I once heard them called "Fence climbers" and the term has stuck with me ever since.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2424990;
    I once heard them called "Fence climbers" and the term has stuck with me ever since.
    We used to say that they looked like something you could kill a cockroach in a corner with. (you know the pointy, pointy toe would fit perfectly into a 90 degree corner)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's exactly what we used to call them: roach stompers. Disgusting, I know.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I think the pointy toe heels look painful. Where the hell do you put your toes?

I like heels, sandals, sneakers, flats....I'm a bit of a shoe tramp. But I'm picky. No funky colors, no funky shapes, nothing too wild. My favorite pair of shoes right now are my Coach ballet flats. I didn't even like them very much, but the hubby said he loved them on me, so we got them. I wore them once and that was it. It was like slipping my feet into a cloud. Wearing them is like wearing my fuzzy slippers. Most of the time (in the summer), I just wear flip-flops. I have a pair in every color. I can't stand to be barefoot, but in the summer it's too hot to wear socks and sneakers. Plus, it makes me keep my toenails groomed.....I get very lazy in the winter. Now....if I could just find something to inspire me to shave my damn legs....

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2424990;
    Hmm . . . I wonder if I could get a pair of pointy-toe work boots . . . The older I get, the harder it is to climb fences, and that might be just the ticket

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13
    Now....if I could just find something to inspire me to shave my damn legs....
    You don't want to go camping and be mistaken for a bear, do you?

Rule of thumb: The higher the heel, the wider the toe should be, and go with a larger-than-normal size.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I cannot wear flip-flops...really, really hurts between my toes. I am a huge fan of Clark's shoes...almost any style. There is no greater comfort, and they get compliments, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Shoes disgust me. I hate them. So I'm barefoot all of the time except when I have to go somewhere public, then it's crocs. I know they are ugly shoes. But they are so comfy, can be easily slipped on and off. Lots of air holes for circulation. I can get them wet, no problem. In the winter, if I put on a pair of socks they even keep my feet kindof warm..unless it snows and then I'm screwed.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread