+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 238 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2422293;
    Thanks for the laugh on this post, Steph!

My middle son is 15. He dressed for awhile in the above quoted style for what seemed to me like forever. He was the first boy to carry this fad to our very small town. It took a little while for it to 'pick up'. Thank God it eventually did because....my son told me, upon seeing his friends dressed like that...that they all looked pretty sloppy and stupid! He now is into the Abercrombie/American Eagle look with the layered t-shirts and jeans that actually fit and cover his ass. I'm so happy I could cry! Anything is better than knowing what underwear he is wearing today.
    Oh good, then maybe your son can answer a question I've had for years. How in the heck to these pants hold? For goodness sake, the waist is underneath their butt!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2422393;
    Oh good, then maybe your son can answer a question I've had for years. How in the heck to these pants hold? For goodness sake, the waist is underneath their butt!
    '

If you watch closely....they are always tugging them up a little bit... Which would be a bigger pain for me than just wearing pants that fit...

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2422388;
    Hmmm . . . I can't find the Speedos/wife-beater/black-socks-with-sandals category. Help me, 11sstephanie! I don't know to which group I belong!
    Aw jeez...sorry Newf, I knew I forgot one!

Just give me a few years...I can't say that my school has too many of your kind in it, however, I'm sure I will find one to study eventually! After I do, I swear, I will get back to everyone ASAP!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2422396;
    '

If you watch closely....they are always tugging them up a little bit... Which would be a bigger pain for me than just wearing pants that fit...

Or they kind of hold their legs just far enough apart that the pants can't slide down...it's very interesting to watch, actually. There are a million ways to accomplish what a belt COULD do, without even actually buckeling the belt correctly.

**Sorry for the double post!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2422407;
    Or they kind of hold their legs just far enough apart that the pants can't slide down...
    I'm envisioning toddlers with full diapers--is that about right?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I just like to think of how they will feel 10 years from now when they look at their old photos. You know, kind of like I feel when I look at my high school pics during my disco phase. Or that big hair, big sweater stirrup pant look I had going on for a short while in the 80's. OMG. I even remember dressing up like Olivia Newton John in Grease for one dance. Teased hair, black heels, skin tight black "pleather" pants...I thought I looked sooo hot. (or foxy as it were)

My 16 yo is into the layered look. 2 t-shirts, 2 TWO pairs of underwear. 1 boxer brief and 1 loose boxers. Jeans with belt, pulled only half-way down his butt...a compromise I suppose...

Exactly. Looks like a full diaper. Sometimes you get the waddle thing going too. And to see them run, so funny.
    Last edited by livin4reality; 05-28-2007 at 08:37 PM. Reason: I just saw Newf's post!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2422414;
    I just like to think of how they will feel 10 years from now when they look at their old photos. You know, kind of like I feel when I look at my high school pics during my disco phase. Or that big hair, big sweater stirrup pant look I had going on for a short while in the 80's. OMG. I even remember dressing up like Olivia Newton John in Grease for one dance. Teased hair, black heels, skin tight black "pleather" pants...I thought I looked sooo hot. (or foxy as it were)

My 16 yo is into the layered look. 2 t-shirts, 2 TWO pairs of underwear. 1 boxer brief and 1 loose boxers. Jeans with belt, pulled only half-way down his butt...a compromise I suppose...

Exactly. Looks like a full diaper. Sometimes you get the waddle thing going too. And to see them run, so funny.
    I did the Flashdance look in high school...sweatshirt off the shoulders, pink legwarmers And yeah, I did the big sweaters, stirrup pants, low slung belt across the hips thing too.....classic 80's....

My 14 y.o. does the 2 T-shirt layered look but he hasn't done the 2 pairs of underwear look yet...heaven help me, that's all I need...even MORE clothes to wash! I don't allow the pants hanging halfway down his butt look...he knows that's a no-no with me....:nono My brother would kick my son's butt and MY butt if I let my son out of the house like that! My son's fit tight enough that I don't think he could even try it if he wanted too....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2422388;
    Hmmm . . . I can't find the Speedos/wife-beater/black-socks-with-sandals category. Help me, 11sstephanie! I don't know to which group I belong!

That look would be in the group called "Only your FORT fans could love" .

I hate the belly shirts, the pants around the knees, and all that too; however, when I look back on what girls wore when I was in middle and high school - whew! Halter tops (with no bra), low rider jeans - I can remember watching boys in science class tossing little wads of paper at the crack of some girls butt, her pants were so low - tops that tied closed at bra level and "sizzler" dresses so short they came with matching underwear. That was the swingin' '70's.
    ETA:
    Oh, yeah, don't forget Daisy Dukes came to be in 1979.
    Last edited by cricketeen; 05-28-2007 at 10:01 PM.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2422412;
    I'm envisioning toddlers with full diapers--is that about right?
    Yup. That pretty much describes it!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2422423;
    I did the Flashdance look in high school...
    Just to date myself... looking back at my high school yearbook, I suddenly see that the female hairstyles, makeup, and some of the clothes of my junior high and high school years is now one of the "hot" looks of today.

This would be the late '60's and early '70's looks of Carnaby Street styles, Twiggy eyes, and psychedelic patterns. Wow, I'm so old now, I've become cool in my old photos Groovy...
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

+ Reply to Thread