+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 238 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Pants, shorts, skirts, whatever, that have something written across the butt.
    Amen to that! :phhht
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    And they're usually frighteningly ugly prints. I even went to Layne Bryant and saw bright orange and neon green clothes. Hello, I am big not blind...and, no I don't want to draw any attention to my size. Neon green draws attention.
    No kidding. My other beef (heh, she said beef) with Lane Bryant's clothes is the huge scooped neckline. I look awful in that design, but can't seem to find a summer top without it.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    And they're usually frighteningly ugly prints. I even went to Layne Bryant and saw bright orange and neon green clothes. Hello, I am big not blind...and, no I don't want to draw any attention to my size. Neon green draws attention.
    ugh Dag! I was shopping at Cotton Ginny Plus for a nice casual outfit to wear to an outdoor wedding next month and omg I can't believe the crap that they'll sell!
    Neon Lime Green jean jacket with matching pants in a cami kind of print that looked like palm fronds!
    And really!! no one wants to see a fat chick in a tankini.. why they hell do they make them?
    I tried on one outfit - loved the skirt, but the blouse was form fitting (ew) and the multi coloured horizontally (..Ew) striped, spaghetti strapped tank top fit like a second skin.
    I like my curves, I like to show them to my advantage and highlight the positive but these dumbass buyers that are stocking the plus sized stores must be on crack!
    Accentuating the positive does not include showing off fat rolls and cellulite - sheesh! Form fitting/spandex/tight shirts are not good choices, neither are horizontal stripes that make you look 5 feet wide! If these buyers would concentrate on figure skimming, cleavage baring, leg showcasing clothes we glamazons would be only too happy to plunk down our money to look more fabulous than we already do! /end rant

I did manage to find a really pretty summer weight cotton dress with vertical gray/blue, yellow and white stripes with an empire waist, plunging neckline and front slit for $44 and I'm going to look fab in it :phht

Oh! and I love that the poet/peasant blouses are back. I LOVE the Indian/sari inspired clothes that are coming out. They are so feminine without being fussy.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy you are so adorable I bet you make those potato sacks look nice!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

OK duxxy you reminded me of this; why do they only put the underwires and other good bust support in bikinis and other styles for small people while those of us who desperarely need it can't find a swimsuit that has any support other than those stupid foam cups that do nothing to help? Can never find anything even in the very expensive stores!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    They also cut the bigger clothes (shirts and jackets)straight up and down as if you don't have a defined waistline, as if I'm not big enough without my clothe s making me look as if my midsection is six to ten inches wider than it really is!
    Bless you QB! Nice to see somebody else feels the pain! Although my problem isn't with the tops, but believe me, the pants are cut the same way...perfect rectangles Yeah, I'm a big girl, but I also have a waist which they seem to fail to realize....every pair of pants I own either has to have some elastic to the waist of them or just be about 3 inches too large in the waist cause I do have one, I'm not just the same size all the way up.

The thread about fads that have died off reminded me of a current fad that I hate: string backpacks. Seriously, if you're gonna wear them to school and end up carrying all of your books with your arms and have nothing in the bag part, then why wear them at all?
    Gustav Holst was right!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    The whole punk rocker type look!

Don't know if this'd qualify as a fad, but . . .

Hair extensions that look cheap and/or are not well taken care of.

Hey, if you wanna --- or gotta --- buy hair, go for it . . .

But if you're gonna buy hair at all, please save up and bypass the IBM@Kmart aisle (translation: I Bought Mine at Kmart). And please, please, please be ready, willing and able to save up and invest the money and time to take care of the hair your purchased.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Here is one - flip flops. Life's not a beach, and they can actually hurt you. Know when and where to wear them. Read: at home, or aforementioned beach.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

+ Reply to Thread