+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 238 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Woah! Wait! I like to think I understand your frustration. Mine just goes the other direction.

I am rail thin and 6 feet tall. A lot of women think these jeans are all made for women my size. They're not. I'd gladly fork over a couple of hundred bucks to find a nice pair of ladies' size 6 or 8 (mostly 8 anymore) jeans with a 36" inseam. I have an extremely hard time buying jeans in stores - I can wear men's Gap jeans, but I have to special order them because apparently the only other people built like me are 15 year old boys, and I don't want my pants half-way to my knees. Well, not always. I'd love to wear a pair of low-rise, feminine-looking jeans that are not capris (but look like ill-fitting ones on me - picture two toilet-paper rolls with spaghetti sticking out the bottom! ).

I don't recall if I have ever bought a suit or nice pair of slacks off-the-rack. When I worked in an office every day, it was skirts every day. (I'll spare you the stories of jacket sleeves that don't fit my knuckle-dragging arms!) Now that I'm looking at going back to work at an office, I think I'll be hitting the men's department stores and paying for some big-time tailoring.

Again, too many words to make my point: rail thin and 6-feet tall ain't so great all the time either.
    JD
    I am not anywhere as tall as you girl but I know where you're coming from! Did you ever try to find a pair of Levi Lowriders? I know they have some really long ass ones at Farm and Fleet and Big R etc. I bought mine in one of those stores and the longs are REALLY long

Damn you skinny chicks

Anyway, JD, I'm nowhere near as tall as you either, but I agree, manufacturers think that all women are 5'5" and under. Have you tried VS jeans? They seem to be quite a bit longer than most brands.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    If I never hear "my bad" again it would be too soon. What a stupid thing to say.. ummm have you forgotten how to construct a sentence dumbass?
    Duxxy, I still wonder, although I'm probably the only one, if "my bad" was an editing goof in "Clueless." When Alicia Silverstone bumped/crashed/whatever she did, I swore she asked the examiner, "Am I bad?" I'm bettin' someone missed it in looping and it's all a huge Hollywood-cover-up/scam/CIA/FBI plot. Seriously? My bad? No one could write something that awful. Or maybe it's just - that's right - my bad.

As far as baby clothes go - so far McKenna (one month old) is safe, they still make "onesies" and not "thongsies" (although that does give me an idea...) - but as for Bailee, who wears a 2T - I struggle to find what I think are acceptable clothes for a baby. (She is still my baby. )

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Damn you skinny chicks

Anyway, JD, I'm nowhere near as tall as you either, but I agree, manufacturers think that all women are 5'5" and under. Have you tried VS jeans? They seem to be quite a bit longer than most brands.
    And then there are us hopelessly short chicks that are 5'0 with a 27 inch inseam. I cant even get most petite pants to fit me and I abhor having to take everything up. So.. I get to buy cropped pants and wear them as normal length. I cropped pants.

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    JD, try New York & Company/Lerner NY. They make petite, average, and tall sizes for all their pants and they tend to have a nice fit.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

This isn't really a current thing, but I was driving home from the dentist and I saw this woman in a small car with one of those old huggge haridos. It barely fit in the car. As I drove by I laughed, it hurt, but it was worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Damn you skinny chicks

Or if they think if you are chubby and wear plus size clothing, you have stubby legs. I have to wear plus size pants but it is hard to find them long enough. I do not have stubby legs, they are long but all the pants are petite. :phhht
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thanks for the suggestions! Woo hoo! Jayne's Got Jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Or if they think if you are chubby and wear plus size clothing, you have stubby legs. I have to wear plus size pants but it is hard to find them long enough. I do not have stubby legs, they are long but all the pants are petite. :phhht
    They also cut the bigger clothes (shirts and jackets)straight up and down as if you don't have a defined waistline, as if I'm not big enough without my clothe s making me look as if my midsection is six to ten inches wider than it really is!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    They also cut the bigger clothes (shirts and jackets)straight up and down as if you don't have a defined waistline, as if I'm not big enough without my clothe s making me look as if my midsection is six to ten inches wider than it really is!
    And they're usually frighteningly ugly prints. I even went to Layne Bryant and saw bright orange and neon green clothes. Hello, I am big not blind...and, no I don't want to draw any attention to my size. Neon green draws attention.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread