+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 238 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by CatManDo View Post
    When you're standing in line at a ferris wheel or a grocery store, and you see a woman who has NO BUSINESS wearing a tube top? So not only is the fabric straining to keep her...cleavage...in, but it's just revealing everywhere else? Reminds me of Rhonetta from the AI auditions. [shudder]
    Was that the angelic young thing who was in all white? The one with the hip hugger skirt than was below her more than ample belly? Well thanks a million for that one. I had almost managed to forget it.

As I mentioned before there are certain styles that just shouldn't be made in larger sizes. Tube tops probably shouldn't be made, period, but at least keep them small. Do you ever stop to wonder just WHAT were they thinking?

Tube tops should be against the law for anyone on the planet who requires a bra.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Tube tops should be against the law for anyone on the planet who requires a bra.
    BOTH sexes!!!!!

These were mentioned earlier in this thread as being a trend that had to die, but I got a pair of Crocs this past weekend and , they are the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet. I only wear them around the house and in the yard, but slipping them on after a hard day at work is like slipping my feet into little black rubber clouds. And the best thing yet, at least as far as Mr. Rattus is concerned, is that I no longer require him to rub my feet.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I really don't like those ugly glittery belts and also the ones with fake diamonds on it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    OK, I don't really fall into the ample category. OK, who am I kidding? I was not blessed in that department AT ALL! BUT, there's a problem with tube tops for us flat-chested wonders as well--they don't stay up! (Same with strapless dresses...grrrrr.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    These were mentioned earlier in this thread as being a trend that had to die, but I got a pair of Crocs this past weekend and , they are the most comfortable things I have ever put on my feet. I only wear them around the house and in the yard, but slipping them on after a hard day at work is like slipping my feet into little black rubber clouds. And the best thing yet, at least as far as Mr. Rattus is concerned, is that I no longer require him to rub my feet.
    I wish that I could find some that are comfortable but the ones that I've tried are just too wide. My feet just sort of slosh around in there and it feels that there's no support at all. Do they come in different widths? Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I wish that I could find some that are comfortable but the ones that I've tried are just too wide. My feet just sort of slosh around in there and it feels that there's no support at all. Do they come in different widths? Does anyone know?
    The ones that I got are actually too big for me (too wide, a bit too long), but the little knobbies inside seem to keep them in place. Ordinarily I would find oversized shoes uncomfortable and I don't think I would enjoy a lengthy walk in these, but as around the house footwear - perfecto.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I can usually make do with a size six, but in Crocs I feel like I'm walking around with shoe boxes on my feet.

MRD
    was looking through pictures a while ago and found one of my grandmother in a green and white striped tube top. I looked to be early 20's, so she was 60's. She LOVED to work in the yard and of course its so hot in Florida, but damn granny, no one wants to see THAT! And I'm sure at the time I was embarrassed that she wore it in the front yard so that people could drive by and look. Now my grandmother was always very slim. BUT she was a grandmother and now grandmother and tube top are just words that should NOT go together!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread