+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 238 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Tramp stamp? What's that? Is that the tattoo on the lower back of like a bird's wings or something? I don't like them, mainly because I see them on so many people now and it bores me. But I guess on the right gal, it could look cute! (Not on me though--I'm scared of needles and would probably die during the tattooing session...I'm only half joking.)

I'm sick of the phrase, "aw ite?" that suburban kids say to sound urban.

I'm also sick of the phrase...well, technically it's just a word: "sweet!" Especially when it's used by a middle-aged man to sound youthful (like some of the guys I work with). For instance: One man says, "I went to Hawaii and hooked up with an 18 year old hula dancer." And the second man says, "Sweet!" Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! You're 45. You didn't "hook up". And it wasn't "sweet." Stop saying that!

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    About inappropriate clothes for children, a few weeks back I was at a fair where they were selling T-shirts with slogans. I saw a about seven year old girl with a T-shirt that said I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening to you. Is that really something children should wear? I know I would not buy it for my future kids.
    Mind you, I'm still sitting on my high horse...but that's not only tacky, but it's rather insensitive to deaf people who CAN'T listen to people. What idiot parent would buy that for this child? I wish there were more parents out there like our FORT parents. Myrosiedog--I elect you the leader of all parents. Now pass a law that outlaws these kind of shirts on kids!!! Please.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-30-2006 at 11:45 AM.

How about abercrombie kids selling thongs?

No wonder why more and more little girls are getting raped. They play off like they're 17 or so... and then a guy wants to get with them, they say no, and they get raped. All along they were just 12 or 13, playing like they were 16 or 17.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    How about abercrombie kids selling thongs?

No wonder why more and more little girls are getting raped. They play off like they're 17 or so... and then a guy wants to get with them, they say no, and they get raped. All along they were just 12 or 13, playing like they were 16 or 17.
    Not that it's OK for a guy to force himself on a 17 year old either (or ANYONE for that matter). But good point.

Why are parents allowing their little girls to wear clothes so skimpy and tight that they're worried about panty lines? Gees--when I was that age (watch out, here I go again), I was wearing jeans and t-shirts and even my fancy dressy clothes covered up all my undergarments!

I remember seeing an episode of "The Osbournes" on MTV where Kelly (who was about 16 ot 17 at the time) wanted to buy thongs and her mom Sharon was trying to talk her out of it (and granted, the Osbournes are pretty permissive as far as parents go) telling her that "panty lines are sexy" and that thongs were unnecessary. I thought that was rather sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Mind you, I'm still sitting on my high horse...but that's not only tacky, but it's rather insensitive to deaf people who CAN'T listen to people. What idiot parent would buy that for this child? I wish there were more parents out there like our FORT parents. Myrosiedog--I elect you the leader of all parents. Now pass a law that outlaws these kind of shirts on kids!!! Please.
    I didn't even think of that, but you are right!

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post

ETA: I've also heard it called the "whore brand." Either way, I'm still all good with it.
    I've always heard it called a 'bullseye'.

Either way, being a guy, I quite like those tattoos. But I do agree with Crit in that sometimes it's better not to know there is one.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Might cause an upset stomach!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lois, I think it's more that the kids get the thongs and tight clothes from the mall and change into them later. They catch a lot of girls shoplifting the thongs. I think Abercrombie is one of the most disgusting corporations alive today, willing to cash in anything, no matter how immoral (racist t-shirts, all-white employees, thongs with cherry pictures on the front in kid sizes).
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    I've always heard it called a 'bullseye'.

Either way, being a guy, I quite like those tattoos.
    I call it a "target".

I like them, depending on what it is and who it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I call it a "target".
    A target for what? Since it's on the lower back and pointing downwards towards the butt area, a target for, um, relations in, um, that area? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! (Sorry--couldn't control that.)

(And yes, I'm going back to my rocker and knitting in a few seconds...)

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    A target for what? Since it's on the lower back and pointing downwards towards the butt area, a target for, um, relations in, um, that area? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! (Sorry--couldn't control that.)

(And yes, I'm going back to my rocker and knitting in a few seconds...)
    well if its a tattoo of a city scape then you can make your own san francisco earthquake..........~~~~runnin g for the door~~~~

+ Reply to Thread