+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 238 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by Sun84 View Post
    Listen, I'm not a parent so I really am speaking out of context here. It's just that I was in line earlier today at a grocery store and the Mom in front of me is standing with a teen dressed in:

A micro- micro skirt
    A Playboy "bunny" logo mid-riff barring top
    5" acrylic hooker heels

She was just a girl!!! It was gross, how could a parent let their kid out of the house that way. I swear I'm not a prude! But really, girls sure as HEdoubble hockey sticks didn't dress that way when I was in grade 7 or 8.

I just find it uncomfortable and inappropriate. Are there any parents out there? Honestly, do you set boundaries when it comes to your childrens clothing? There seems to be so much of the 'Christina Dirty' culture out there today.
    I agree 100%. One of my closest friends has a 13 year old girl who is just beautiful. However, it takes a while to see it, since you can't help but only notice her perfectly round butt hanging out of her micro shorts or her micro skirts. I only have boys, but if I had a girl, she would save her "ASSets" for a MUCH later time!
    Go Tigers!

I hate it when I see young girls with "Juicy" or some other sexual innuendo across the butt. It makes me cringe. Don't these parents, and girls, know about child molesters?

Now that outfit you mentioned: A micro- micro skirt, A Playboy "bunny" logo mid-riff barring top, 5" acrylic hooker heels, that's what you wear to the mall these days isn't it?
    I don't know about anyone else, but it's what I wear to church. I accessorize with hair rollers in my beard and argyle socks, which gives me the unique look that I crave.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but it's what I wear to church. I accessorize with hair rollers in my beard and argyle socks, which gives me the unique look that I crave.

why Newf, I do believe I have seen you sitting in the pew in front of me. Are you the one that sings the hymns off key very loud too????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    "juicy" accross anyones behind is tacky. I absolutely hated the whole intentional thong peek phenomenon from a few years ago.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

We wore these in the 80's, and now they're back. Sure, they look good on a supermodel, but for the rest of us...no. Plus, your ankles feel like they're suffocating.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Yeah hep, they look good on the model because her whole leg is an ankle. :nnod At least they're not ultra low-rise.

Tramp stamp tattoos cannot go away soon enough for me....only they'll never go away, at least not without laser treatment! If jeans get a little higher waisted, at least I won't have to see all of those tats. Don't even get me started on muffin tops. God, I hate those super low-rise jeans.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Tramp stamp tattoos cannot go away soon enough for me....only they'll never go away, at least not without laser treatment! If jeans get a little higher waisted, at least I won't have to see all of those tats. Don't even get me started on muffin tops. God, I hate those super low-rise jeans.
    I have a tramp stamp!

Honestly, 99 days out of 100, I forget that I have it. But that's probably because I'm not wearing the slut jeans and the half-shirts. I'm considerate like that.

I do love my tattoo tramp stamp, though.

ETA: I've also heard it called the "whore brand." Either way, I'm still all good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
    I have a tramp stamp!

Honestly, 99 days out of 100, I forget that I have it. But that's probably because I'm not wearing the slut jeans and the half-shirts. I'm considerate like that.

I do love my tattoo tramp stamp, though.

ETA: I've also heard it called the "whore brand." Either way, I'm still all good with it.
    Okay, I don't really hate them or anything, I'm just sick of seeing them all damn day! Plus, the ones I see are on women who really need to cover up that portion of their bodies. I'm generally just tired of seeing undergarments hanging out of clothing and bellies and behinds and breasts hanging out of clothing. I don't care how hot it is, cover yourself! I feel the same way about men walking down the street without a shirt on. Unless you're Brad Pitt in Fight Club, I don't want to see it....at least not in public

I'm also just sick of seeing people wearing clothing that is too tight. Just because you can get it zipped/buttoned/pulled down over your gut doesn't mean it fits.

I thought the mullet made its exit long ago, but I've seen an alarming number of them lately - one in a pony tail at least a foot long Have they made a comeback? Can they go away again?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

About inappropriate clothes for children, a few weeks back I was at a fair where they were selling T-shirts with slogans. I saw a about seven year old girl with a T-shirt that said I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening to you. Is that really something children should wear? I know I would not buy it for my future kids.

+ Reply to Thread